No announcement yet.

Insignia VXR 20" alloys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really good price that, too good I think. Been looking around on eBay and there are vxr 'style' alloys (basically copies)
    Genuine new vxr wheels are going for 500+ for 1 and around 220 for used with a tyre.
    Along with the lack of picks and no back pics showing part number etc, I think they are copies.
    Not sure about you guys but wouldn't feel safe with some cheap copied wheel on my car.
    They could well be genuine but £600 and a 5 hour round trip is bit of a gamble for me.

Edit: Where's my manners ?
    Thanks for looking guys

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman205 View Post
      Really good price that, too good I think. Been looking around on eBay and there are vxr 'style' alloys (basically copies)
      Genuine new vxr wheels are going for 500+ for 1 and around 220 for used with a tyre.
      Along with the lack of picks and no back pics showing part number etc, I think they are copies.
      Not sure about you guys but wouldn't feel safe with some cheap copied wheel on my car.
      They could well be genuine but £600 and a 5 hour round trip is bit of a gamble for me

Might be worth an email, see if they have any more pics?

Comment

Ditto Drew...

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman205 View Post
          They could well be genuine but £600 and a 5 hour round trip is bit of a gamble for me.

Edit: Where's my manners ?
          Thanks for looking guys

Copies are 18's and 19's.

Genuines are all 20's

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Copies are 18's and 19's.

Genuines are all 20's
            That's good to know, thanks. Well as others have said, worth an enquiry. I'll message the seller and see if he's got any more pics. Can't get my head round why there cheap but shouldn't complain.

I'm a bit torn on what to do now though as I've been offered a set of vx lines for a good price. What do you think would look better?
            I like both but asked about the vxr's as fancied a change

Comment

Will need a refurb but worth asking for price IM...

Comment

That seller is a proper Vauxhall garage that sell brand new vauxhalls, I highly doubt they would be copies

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                  That seller is a proper Vauxhall garage that sell brand new vauxhalls, I highly doubt they would be copies
                  Yep....thurlby motors

Comment

Definitely worth an enquiry, I got a boxed set of Vec B Gsi wheels including Yokohama tyres direct from a dealer once at a snip, they just wanted shot of them. The model had undergone the midlife facelift and they were the preface alloys.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                      Definitely worth an enquiry, I got a boxed set of Vec B Gsi wheels including Yokohama tyres direct from a dealer once at a snip, they just wanted shot of them. The model had undergone the midlife facelift and they were the preface alloys.
                      You bought the wheels .......And you went and seen George Formby at the palais, got 3 suits, 2 stone of monkey nuts and a slap up meal with the change of £30.

Comment

Would have been worth a shot then, I was just a bit apprehensive how they were so much cheaper than the rest. Normally when something is to good to be true it is.
                        Unfortunately things have taken a bit of a turn at work this morning. We have a member of staff self isolating now and if any more of us get symptoms the firm will end up shutting shop for a few weeks. Can't justify spending money on wheels now incase I come out of work, best of playing it safe for now. Thanks for all your help with looking etc

Comment

• Spark
                          Spark commented
                          Editing a comment
                          wrong reply

Ask your company to furlough you. Then they wont have to pay your wages the government do. Your work could top up the 80%,

The flexible furlough scheme is an excellent program for companies to use

Comment

Sorry not been on for a bit. Thankfully things came back as ok so no issues with work however I hit a bit of a rough patch so stepped back for a bit.
                          The wheels sold unfortunately but I've decided to stay away form 20" as now another one of my vx-lines has cracked. The potholes round my way are effing bad.
                          I've managed to pick up a set of BMW Borbet style wheels that are 19" so hopefully the extra sidewall height will help. I'm going to refurb and coat them at work so I'll drop a few pics in my car thread when I do them.

Attached Files

Comment

As long as you are healthy and positive MR iceman.
                            fantastic to have you back !
                            You know what last week on that well known auction site
                            vauxhall spares was selling a set of 20" VXR but they must of been aftermarket.
                            and it looked like Daktari had been using them
                            they were unsold the starting bid was £175.00 .

13-4787555( top gun

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                              As long as you are healthy and positive MR iceman.
                              fantastic to have you back !
                              You know what last week on that well known auction site
                              vauxhall spares was selling a set of 20" VXR but they must of been aftermarket.
                              and it looked like Daktari had been using them
                              they were unsold the starting bid was �175.00 .

13-4787555( top gun
                              Thanks Paul, I think I saw those ones and some had cracks iirc

Comment

Working...
                              X