Green Flag Damaged My Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Flag Damaged My Insignia

Sounds similar to an issue my other half had on her old Corsa SXI. She had a flat battery at work one day so someone used some jump leads to get it going but as she drove back from Rotherham to Chesterfield the car entered limp mode a couple of times so i drove over to swap with her and managed to get it back to Chesterfield.

Fortunately my mate worked at Vauxhall at the time and took it in and they found that the ECU was damaged probably due to the way it was jump started. That should have been over ?500 but i he managed to wangle it through somehow so it only cost ?100.

Shouldn't matter if they use anti surge pack or not. If it says don't jump start, end of discussion.

Comment

I agree it's confusing. Hopefully you'll get something sorted out. Keep us posted.

Comment

I was reading somewhere about it, I mean jump leads ....

Not recommended use the jump leads or jump pack on a siggy.

It scared ^*+% out of me!

cause with a old car ( vw golf gti ) I used to do that a lot to my tenant cars, who live in my apartments , they used to give me a 5€ for helping them with a jump leads , I was rich at the time

Now ???These tenants move out, new tenants move in with a better cars

Comment

I'd be asking Vauxhall to fix it as the handbook says it can be jumped. If you'd read it hadn't you'd have stopped the break down guy doing it.

Comment

Anythings worth a try.

Comment

You could try disconnecting and leaving overnight. Otherwise going off the thread below it sounds like it could be an expensive fix

http://www.insignia-...showtopic=10485
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I think it could be faulty clusters batch. I have jump started my car many times using jump leads hooked to another car.

IN MEMORY OF NIGHTSCREAM THE 1.6 TURBO SRI NAV
                Now driving - Mazda 6 Tourer SE-L Lux Nav+ 2.0 143 Skyactiv-G

Comment

I was thinking would it be cheaper to change the instrument cluster to one with similar mileage, even if 5K or 10k more shouldn't matter that much.

IN MEMORY OF NIGHTSCREAM THE 1.6 TURBO SRI NAV
                  Now driving - Mazda 6 Tourer SE-L Lux Nav+ 2.0 143 Skyactiv-G

Comment

I??charged my battery last winter to give it a bit of a boost(cold weather, lights on, heater on, everything else on)I disconected the leads and left it in situ,charged it for 24 hours on my ce-teck smart charger,connected up next day with no problem.it seems there is something wrong in some cases if you cant remove the bloody thing without getting expensive problems.at this rate you need to be wary of taking the car anywhere even to get a new battery fitted,without the worry.

Comment

Mileage isn't stored in the cluster, it is stored in the Body Control Module, which passes it to the cluster.

Clusters are VIN coded, if the VIN does not match then it does not display a mileage.

It's a possibility I suppose that the VIN stored in the cluster has become corrupted?
                      sigpic

Comment

Reading for my bm,a simple thing like changing the battery is not a simple thing anymore.

The battery needs to be registered,not really sure what that means but doing it diy can cause serious problem not done properly..

It's a freaking??car battery for f's sake.
                        sigpic

Comment

Lol,indeed.

If I change my battery,going feel stupid when I shouting at my car 'I've changed the f**king battery'
                          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Show the new ad where he is thrashing a Police car!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X