Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorting Common Insignia Faults

And my Insignia's "short" failure list:

Oil leak behind motor Solved! Oil trap breathing no need repairing at all.

QUOTE (Craig VXR @ Feb 5 2012, 11:50 PM)

@ Solenoid

For number 16 where was your oil leak in the engine about and what was the problem as I have oil coming from the top of the engine under the plastic casing ???style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

Oil trap breathing no need repairing at all.

Comment

Get a squeaky noise when car starts from cold, other than that very happy. />

Comment

cheers mate

Comment

Peter J, on 10 October 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

As for the Seat heater, the dealer said it was aknown fault, but Vauxhall did not have a solution, something to do with a 'connector' in the seat, however on full or medium setting the heater goes off after exactly 1 minute, on low setting it stays on!!??Doesn't sound like a connector problem.

Peter, go back to dealer and tell him there is a service bulletin (details below)

Insignia 2009-2010 ? All Engines

Seat Heating ? Inoperative

Note: Only vehicles with leather or partial leather seats are affected.

Customer complains that driver seat heater stops after a few seconds. Trouble codes B2425/0D and B2430/0D may be set.

This is caused by insufficient routing of the seat heater wire from the seat cushion to the flange (design fault).

Improved seat heating mats with a new design have been introduced in production as of VIN W0LGT5EM5A1052930 (6th January 2010).

In case of customer complaint replace the seat heating mat with the improved version.

Spare Parts: Part No.Seat heating mat 20944820

HTH

Paul
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Peter, I knw this sounds a bit silly but ave they reset the oil to 100%? Mine did this just after I picked it up and when they reset the oil gauge it stopped bringing up the message!

Comment

I had a service message come up just after servicing, it turned out to be a software glitch, Ecu update sorted the issue.

Nick

Comment

I had a few issues on my '59 plate Eco tec 160.

1. Squealing front brakes - front calipers binding - stealers serviced brakes and copper crested them. Problem solved

2. Electric parking brake really noisy, dealer found a problem and replaced rear discs under warranty.

3. When in 1st gear, car would go in reverse! Stealers informed, didn't believe me until it happened to the service girl. They then found an issue with the gear link geometry

4. Wet carpets. Heater matrix leaked, seal or pipe failure, stealers was unsure so replaced the matrix, seal and pipe - removed all the interior to clean and dry out the antifreeze mix - nightmare!

5. Front grille badge fell off - asked stealers about replacement - part grille ?160 or full grille ?280? Complained to Vx customer care, sorted as a gesture of good will.

6. Squeaky clutch pedal - ocassionly - mentioned in other posts, so hope their solutions solve it.

Look to upgrade various bits on the car, front fogs, carbon wrap grille, led lights interior & exterior, like sound and look of the twin exhaust for smokers, and the DVD nav800 update.

Cheers "newbie" nick

Comment

Peter J, on 10 October 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:
                  pAUL,

Thanks for the info., my Insignia is an 11 plate (March 2011), will this be the same problem?

I do have the leather seats.

Cheers

Peter J

Your vehicle same as mine? Mine is 11 plate registered March 2011 and was a factory order (i.e. not sitting on a plot of land to be sold later). Dealer informed me at the time there was no recall on my vehicle for the seats
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Maggoo, on 28 January 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:
                    Hi don't know if anyone else has had this ..I get a knocking noise front drivers side ..been back too vauxhall a who first said it was a valve? And they replaced it...shame didn't test drive it..as still there? ..any help would be great cheers...
                    ??I've had mine for 4 weeks now . Solved the parcel shelf rattle squeak which was destroying my enjoyment of the car but I didn't notice it on the test drive . However I have a knocking sound from the front drivers side as well .... been back to place I bought it but of course they cant see anything wrong . They want the car for a day or two so they can dismantle bumper or panels or wheel liners to see what's going on . Its defiantly suspension related knock but they arnt having it so far . Don't know if I want them to start dismantling everything .

Comment

mossy, on 31 March 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:
                      When I have had this on prevoious cars it is normally suspension related; either a worn track rod end or knackered shock absorber - typically when they go a seal inside collaspes causing the strut to knock at a certain position, typically the mid point which is the most common posiiton for driving.??What milesgae is the car?

Its only a year old and got 17,000 on her .... I had an Vauxhall Omega before and its exactly the same noise as the drop links made when they went on it . But they say there's nothing wrong.??My 12 year old Omega didn't knock as loud as my "nearly new car" but they cant find where its coming from .

Comment

Well the cars been into another Vx Masterfit and the same outcome ... cant find anything wrong .

Took the guy for a run and it did seem quieter but then now it seems as bad as it was before .

Guess I'll have to wait till its bad enough for them to see what's wrong .

Comment

I've got that with a screech on the steering wheel, they can't reproduce it so I have to wait until it gets worse.

Comment

Radiomarty, on 25 November 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:
                            1.8 Elite Nav??2009 reg June 2009??(46000 miles)- owned for 1 year :

1. Drivers heated seat packed up - replaced under warranty.

2. Passenger heated seat packed up - replaced under warranty.

3. Coil pack failed : replaced under warranty.

4. RH Headlamp washer cover fell off - replaced under warranty.(after a few phone calls)

5. Headlamp washers came apart at tube - dealer fix at cost.

6. Rear wash jet leaking water??- replaced by myself.

7. Rear Tyre inner wear - under investigation.

8. Occasional squeak/ rubbing from power steering on full lock - unresolved.

9. Bang / clunk on full lock - common issue

10 . Rattle from upper console for lights/ alarm sensor etc - blue tack fix !

11. Electric folding mirrors not always re positioning to correct place after reversing (common fault unresolved)

12. Water dripping into tailgate when opened after raining (common hatchback issue)

13. 30mpg average - normal for the 1.8 but a bit poor - at least i've made friends at the petrol station. />

These are stupid niggley issues on a high spec car that looks stunning and is a pleasure to drive - come on vx sort it out spoiling a fab car !!

Hello ... can someone help me with the Blu-Tac fix in no.10 ..... I've got a rattle coming from there but cant find any info on what this Blu-Tac fix is ?

Comment

Think you pull it off and wrap the clips in blu-tack then put it back on

Comment

Working...
                              X