Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A general tale of visiting the local stealer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A general tale of visiting the local stealer....

Typical stealers, although result on the matts. Take your money and business elsewhere. Very coincidental that the mangers that you wanted to speak to were all otherwise engaged. BS I smell.

It takes less than 5 minutes to check the codes, the longest part is waiting on the machine to turn on! ?80 is a joke just to do that!!

Comment

This is common with dealer services of all marques, we often get vehicles for service after the warranty period is up and you can hardly get the wheels off!

The dealers do a brake check by looking through the wheel and very rarely strip them.
      sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Mine was serviced by these end of July and they told me my rear pads were 80% down,would I like them changed, only 99.99 they said,**** off I said,went straight to autofactors and bought a set of pads for 20 quid. When I got round to changing them they would be lucky if they were halfway down but I changed them anyway as I'd already got them.....Bristol Street Motors,,,,A GREAT DEAL MORE FOR YOU, ,******* bandits
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Not a surprise to hear a Bristol Street Motors is crap! We've just bought a new Astra for my other half and travelled to pentagon at derby rather than use the Bristol Street Hal a mile away in chesterfield!

Had many a run in with them ending with an awful experience looking at a new Corsa through them. First up was my wife's corsa going in for a recall, I dropped it off and asked them to ring me as I was fetching it. Two hours late they rang my other half saying their "healthcheck" had identified the car as not roadworthy due to bald tyres??she panicked as she needed it for work so i went to fetch it telling them I'd get it sorted via my uncle who had it for the MOT the following day...it passed with no advisories! Then with my ST it took ages to get a second key sorted and whilst they had it they did a software update that seems to make the car run worse and tried to screw various jobs out of me that the "healthcheck" found. Again none really an issue after a check by my uncle.

Comment

Arnold Clark Vauxhall in Linwood tried this with my dad, 11 plate Meriva in for 2nd year service, told him the brakes were 80% used, 2 bald tyres & all 3 wipers were needing replaced. Told them not to touch anything and took my uncles mate down (AA vehicle inspector) down with him to collect the car. the service department got the fright of their lives as his face is well known to them & when he checked the car there wasn't a single thing wrong with the car. Suffice to say all the work on his car now gets done elsewhere and the only reason he will go to the dealer is if the car is in warranty.

Comment

When they say 80 or 50 or 70 percent used it a guess as they don't actually measure them. I've had this many times. If they told you you had 50 or 30 percent left you'd be happier as it sound better than 70 or 50 percent used. Numpties the lot of them.

Comment

To be fair here i had an argument with a Halfords fitting centre near us after they fitted some tyres to my wifes Corsa bought via a website. Dropped the car off and as i lived round the corner they said it would be done for half 11 so i went home and returned then. I had to be at work at half 12 but didnt think it would be an issue. Upon my return the car wasnt ready and after 25mins of waiting i asked how long it would be as i had to get to work. They said not long but 15mins later i looked through the window from the office to the work area to see the car back down on the ground but some bloke under the bonnet and all sorts...when i asked why the bonnet was up to change 4 tyres when i'd specifically agreed a time it was to be ready, was already 40mins over and they were making me late they spouted some rubbish about how they were obliged to check the car over to make sure it was safe on leaving the garage. They then tried to charge me a fortune to fill it with oil at which point i told them to get lost and asked for them to stop messing about and give me the car back.

Comment

You would think in this day and age of social media that dealers/garages would do anything to keep the customer happy. If they get bad service customers just come on the site like this or other outlets and complain about the service recieved. What this then entails is a drop in customers coming through the door. Dealers don't make a lot off warranty jobs so when they see an out of warranty car they see it as a bank. Unfortunately this backfires on them! They just need to do as asked and stop pissing customers off. Luckily if I go back to VX I have a great service centre in Peter Vardy, Motherwell.

Can't say the same for their Sales Dept. Tried to buy a Mokka before I bought the countryman to replace the siggy and they never got back to me after my test drive. Very poor.

Comment

Kwik **** and halfraulds! Why would you even try?
                    sigpic

Comment

That's a great result mate, nice one!!

Comment

This Terraclean seems to be a reasonable investment. I've not tried it, but what I've heard and read, seems to do the trick. Anyone else tried it or heard to the contrary?

Comment

camel, on 19 September 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:
                          I'm always a bit sceptical, and I can't explain it as well as the mechanic - but basically is just gets rid of all the carbon build up. All DPF, regeneration cycling and all that....it all helps to keep emissions low too.

I can totally tell the difference in the way it drives, it's a lot zippier!
                          how much it set you back camel
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

exclusiv., on 19 September 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:
                            how much it set you back camel

He said it was ?108 in his previous post

Comment

after reading this thread,i might not go on tThursdayto look at this????http://www.bristolst...ck/#enquireHere

Comment

Working...
                              X