I'm On The Merry-Go-Round Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm On The Merry-Go-Round Again!

Ok...??I confess....??I've had an itch this past couple of months that I just had to scratch!

Result??

Ordered today, a new Insignia Elite Nav ST 2.0T auto in Power Red.

Now comes the 12-16 week wait for delivery. It's gonna be a drag

I would normally keep a new car 3 - 4 years. But just once in a while, I get this little devil setting on my left shoulder, whispering in my ear: " Heh heh heh... go on.. you know you want to... go for it!"

There is nothing wrong with the BiTurbo that I have at the moment, and I like it fine. I just had that moment of madness.

One of these days, there will be an angel sitting on my other shoulder to slap the pen out of my hand!
    Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

That's why I don't go near the dealers. I'm just as bad

Comment

You've only had the Biturbo for ~18 months, economic madness - you should run for Big Ecks replacement

Comment

Actually, it's two years this week.

Know what you mean though. What can I say....I have these occasional moments of weakness.

Just hope I don't regret it in six months time.

Comment

My wife has banned me from the dealers until mine has pasted it's two year birthday. Dates in diray already!!

Comment

DeaniFLHT, on 19 September 2014 - 08:17 PM, said:
            Actually, it's two years this week.

Know what you mean though. What can I say....I have these occasional moments of weakness. />

Just hope I don't regret it in six months time. :huh:/>

So how much are they offering you for your biturbo if you don't mind me asking and compared to how much you brought it for?

Comment

?13k vs ?34k.

None of the Buy-any-car type sites could match that. ?12k was the best quote, and all were subject to inspection so could only go down.

Comment

DeaniFLHT, on 10 January 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:
                £13k vs £34k.

None of the Buy-any-car type sites could match that. £12k was the best quote, and all were subject to inspection so could only go down.

£10k a year?

You brought your biturbo for £34k?

Comment

sriray, on 10 January 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:
                  ?10k a year?

You brought your biturbo for ?34k?

Yup - The invoice price with all the options added (but excluding finance and GAP insurance charges) was over ?37k. My employer partners discount took it back to ?34k.

Bear in mind that the facelift cars have been on the market for well over a year now, and are priced ?3k - ?5k less than their pre-facelift equivalents. So pre-face lift used prices have been depressed more as a result.

Comment

Tomorrow big man. Getting excited?

Toon:- Siggy's brand new privately bought aren't that far off BMs, Merc's and Audi's. If it's on a PCP you have to figure in your balloon payment at the end of agreement. Since the German Prestige brothers keep a lot more of their original value the payments tend to be lower per month. The Siggy drops dramatically and this is factored in. I've been on the hunt for an Auto due to my back and as an example I enquired about a MINI Paceman Auto SD with Chilli Pack and a few other bits and bobs. I never look at the retail price, just what I'd be paying per month and what balloon payment would be. Surprisingly it came in at under 290 a month with a future value of between 8-9k. That was with 300 quid deposit. It does help that they are offering 1.9 APR on them just now which makes a considerable difference.

Are VX still offering 0% over 5 years on new cars?

Comment

Plus it will sit on your driveway and not move when there's the slightest hint of snow! ;-)

Comment

DeaniFLHT, on 10 January 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

Yup - The invoice price with all the options added (but excluding finance and GAP insurance charges) was over £37k. My employer partners discount took it back to £34k.

Bear in mind that the facelift cars have been on the market for well over a year now, and are priced £3k - £5k less than their pre-facelift equivalents. So pre-face lift used prices have been depressed more as a result.

A lot of money to lose. You must be earning big bucks, I moan about losing £2.5k a year .

Comment

Scotty, on 11 January 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:
                          Plus it will sit on your driveway and not move when there's the slightest hint of snow! ;-)

Haven't they over come this with traction control.

Comment

Hell know. Next door neighbour has an E-class but also has an old shape Freelander for the winter. If it's frosty or snowing the Merc says still!

Comment

Scotty, on 11 January 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:
                              Hell know. Next door neighbour has an E-class but also has an old shape Freelander for the winter. If it's frosty or snowing the Merc says still!
                              mate at work has a bm 330d auto, that's the same,,,absolutely shite ,,,,,,but it's quick in the dry
                              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                              X