Polished my door pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polished my door pins

I ordered some chrome door pins from eBay but when they came they were more brushed alloy than chrome.

I wanted them to look more like the irmscher ones so decided to grip them in a drill and Brasso them with a rag. The finish was dramatic so I thought I'd go one further and file the top a little to resemble the irmscher ones.

Before

After
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Thanks, they were ?15.95 for a set of 4. There are a few selling them on there. I used this seller. http://www.ebay.co.u...-/351175732143?
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

These are the Irmscher ones http://www.irmscher-...or-pin-set.html

Comment

Good job.

Comment

Yeah the irmscher ones do look a little brushed but when I started polishing, it was surprising how quick mine started to shine like chrome. I liked that the shinier they got, the more they matched the chrome door latches.

The shine can easily be reversed by gently applying a scouring pad as they spin in the drill. I tried this too but I preferred more shine.

Comment

What brasso did you use? The metal one?
            sigpic

Comment

Pondy81, on 25 September 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:
              What brasso did you use? The metal one?

Yeah just the normal one and an old microfiber cloth.

Comment

do look good shiney i just prefer the brushed look

Comment

I've just got some of the black aluminium door pins??http://www.insignia-...&hl=+door +pins so I have the polished aluminium ones (pictured) going spare if anybody is interested.

Comment

Would you post to Ireland. ???I would cover the postage cost. How much posted ?

Comment

Yeah, pm me your address and I'll send them tomorrow.

Comment

Great. Pm sent :-)

Great. Pm sent :-)

Comment

Working...
                        X