Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B20DTH Oil filter location 2.0 170hp engine

hi

i was going to change my oil today but i cannot for the life of my find the oil filter location, thought it was take off side wheel off and next to alternator but its not there. the only other place i saw was at top of engine as looking in the bonnet on left side but i dont think its that as i would assume its at the bottom half some where.

any help guys would be appreciated.

Take a picture of your engine----I think it could be on the top of the engine---but I could be wrong--what year is the car----Dave

Comment

its a 2016 engine, is it that on the top left?Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l640.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	243821

Comment

Top left. Infront of brake fluid bottle

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

thanks, i see it there and rejected that was the oil filter based solely on its location, well i'll do the job in the morning then.

thank you very much

Comment

Thought it was on the top---black round filter housing with a nut type fitting on the top----normally has 25mn stamped on it--thats the torque wrench setting----Dave

Comment

32mm head on that oil filter housing, but the location should , and I mean should make it easy without the super duper socket .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Bloody hell a vauxhall with oil filter in sensible location. Why they made the 160s such a pain in the rear to get to I never know

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
                  Bloody hell a vauxhall with oil filter in sensible location. Why they made the 160s such a pain in the rear to get to I never know
                  Yep. With mine I need a roller paint tray to slip in to stop the oil covering my... sub frame, drive shafts, and myself ....

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

All done super easy. 24mm socket. Didn't spill a drop

Comment

Working...
                    X