X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camshaft Related Fault Codes

m8internet, on 16 October 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:
    The Camshaft Sensor is a backup to the Crankshaft Sensor

However, once it fails both sensors should be replaced (as their lifespan is about the same)

Not sure that the camshaft sensor is a backup to the crankshaft sensor.

As Kewy's profile indicates a 2.0T petrol engine with VVT, I would think that the cam sensor is intrumental in controlling how the cam timing is varied in relation to the crank timing.

I agree that you should probably replace both at the same time. Probably the solenoid too.
    Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

andy-g, on 16 October 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:
    Where are you guys actually getting a CMP Sensor fault from??

Read his fault codes carefully and logically.

I wasn't actually commenting on the codes.

I was primarily disputing the quoted statement that the camshaft sensor is a back up to the crankshaft sensor, when they plainly have different functions.

Comment

I have no personal experience of the 2.0T engine, so I am guessing.

If fault is intermittent, I imagine that you might experience some unexpected losses of power, especially when accelerating. (The remap that you had done might aggravate this)

The engine management warning light might be lit sporadically. The car could drop into "limp home" mode on occasion. This may or may not reset, if the car is stopped, switched off and then restarted. Fuel economy is probably worse than normal.

I don't think any lasting mechanical damage is likely in the short term. But I think it possible that the exhaust valves might suffer burnt seats, if the problem is allowed to persist for too long.

Comment

Imo dmf was faulty,can't see how stretched chain would affect it
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

What's the timing chain recommended change interval,and how far is yours off it ?
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Couldn't say mate

Comment

Working...
            X