Low speed judder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low speed judder.

I had a horrendous judder on my auto 160 that VX said was a characteristic. You sure it isn't the anti stall coming in a bit earlier when cold? Since it clears when you accelerate it would make sense?

Wouldn't surprise me. Good luck.

Comment

My SRI 160 used to do it around that speed its like choosing the wrong gear judder VX will just say they can not find any fault .

Comment

I have a similar issue on my car, mines a turbo petrol on 30K. Happens to be more noticable in cold. Driving along in 1st rev up to 2.5K change to 2nd then rev up between 1800-2200 there is a momentary power loss along those revs then after that the power is restored. Yes is like a judder, happens in 3rd as well sometimes.

IN MEMORY OF NIGHTSCREAM THE 1.6 TURBO SRI NAV
        Now driving - Mazda 6 Tourer SE-L Lux Nav+ 2.0 143 Skyactiv-G

Comment

VX did this with mine a number of times (full reset). Didn't fix mine, Luton couldn't fix mine.

Comment

Danjc, on 21 October 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:
            It is booked in for Monday but I expect to be just fobbed off by the stealers hopefully I'm wrong !

Why do we all feel we might get fobbed off by the dealers, because most of time is true.

I keep asking myself this question is it worth buying a newish car less than 3 years olds which still has warranty left in it, or wait buy a older car that is more of a bargain and risk there might be something wrong with it, saying that, if there is something wrong with a newish car and we take it in to the dealer, get fobbed off, take their word for it, fews months down the line we have to pay that out of our expense anyway.

Comment

Danjc, on 23 October 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:
              This is why I bought newish with an extended warranty. I also have an alfa 147 and in 7 years all I have had is general wear and tear/maintenance!

Which dealer are you taking yours to? I am looking at taking mine to Smiths in ilkeston, already been to pentagon derby, dont have confidence with them now. Think they use to be good.

Comment

Danjc, on 23 October 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:
                Yes mate smiths in ilkeston not really have any experience with them though.

Me neither. Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Hullo, Mum likes the guys at smith's in ilson.

Bought her meriva from there brand new and has never been anywhere else.

I used pentagon for a service in september and they were alright, only had it serviced there as I want to keep the stamps up until 100k miles

Comment

How did you get on?

Comment

Don't let them refurb. Get a new alloy. They'll never colour match it.

Comment

Danjc, on 28 October 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:
                          So as I thought they said they could not find anything wrong with it, the ecu is up to date. He then said he has had a couple of insignia's and he had had the same thing with his !

He then said while out on the test drive to avoid a lorry coming over a hump back bridge the driver kerbed one of my alloys WTF !

Obviously he was really apologetic and they are going to refurb it.

Sorry to hear what happened to your alloy. But good thing is, they are admitting it is their fault and are going to repair it for you. Regarding the low speed judder, it seems they don't employ good mechanics anymore. Anyway try out the disconnecting battery negative trick, i done this on mine yesterday, and i'm not sure if its me, but it seems to have made a difference, i can reconfirm this tomorrow after another cold morning start/run.

Comment

Today after another cold start, the judder is alot lot less unnoticable. So there is a definately a improvement. Something is still there i believe that is a tiny bit of turbo lag.

Comment

Not at all. I'd def haggle a 25% or more discount.

Comment

Working...
                              X