Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start/stop feature insignia Grand Sport

Hi all,
    I have a question about the start/stop feature for the Insignia Grand Sport 2018 model and i m wondering if someone can help me out with an answer. I suspect that the system is not working properly, basically when i stop the car for example at the traffic light, move the gear lever to neutral and keep the break pedal pressed the engine is stopping fine. But when i want to move on, the engine should start as soon as I press the clutch pedal ( and keep the break pedal pressed to keep the car still) , but is not happening until I release the break pedal as well. I find this as problem on the hill roads ( when the car is moving if a release the break pedal while IÂ’m pressing the clutch for the engine to restart) and i m wondering if i can set up the start/stop feature to start the engine only when the clutch pedal is pressed. Thank you!

Originally posted by Bogdann View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a question about the start/stop feature for the Insignia Grand Sport 2018 model and i m wondering if someone can help me out with an answer. I suspect that the system is not working properly, basically when i stop the car for example at the traffic light, move the gear lever to neutral and keep the break pedal pressed the engine is stopping fine. But when i want to move on, the engine should start as soon as I press the clutch pedal ( and keep the break pedal pressed to keep the car still) , but is not happening until I release the break pedal as well. I find this as problem on the hill roads ( when the car is moving if a release the break pedal while IÂ’m pressing the clutch for the engine to restart) and i m wondering if i can set up the start/stop feature to start the engine only when the clutch pedal is pressed. Thank you!
    Try using the hand/button brake it should have hill assistance. Meaning only needs applied as when you pull away it will release it's self

Comment

I've never used the stop/start by holding my foot on the brake. I always pull the e brake and stick it in neutral. The car then starts instantly when I press the clutch. I then stick it in gear and blip the accelerator as I release the clutch and the e brake releases as I pull away.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        I've never used the stop/start by holding my foot on the brake. I always pull the e brake and stick it in neutral. The car then starts instantly when I press the clutch. I then stick it in gear and blip the accelerator as I release the clutch and the e brake releases as I pull away.
        That's what I was trying to say ..
        You put it much better

Comment

Thanks for the answers guys.
          But I don’t use the e-hand break while i m waiting at the traffic light for example. I rather to keep my feet on the pedal break, specially when i only have to wait a short time( i find this much easier for me ). Still wondering if this issue is on all of the new insignia models or is something wrong with mine.And if there is a way to set it up to start only when pressing the clutch but having the foot on break pedal.
          Thanks

Comment

First thing I do when I get in the car is turn it off. That and the Lane Assist. Mine is an auto, when I stop in traffic the engine stops, I put my handbrake on and slip the gearbox to neutral. With the auto that immediately re starts the stopped engine! Pointless.

Comment

Working just as it does on my 2018 tourer. If you put the e-brake on and out of gear it restarts on pressing in the clutch. As you’ve found should you just knock it out of gear and hold it on the foot brake it doesn’t restart until you release the brake.

In stop start traffic I don’t use the e-brake but I quite often do at lights etc. Bearing in mind you can just drive away and it releases it’s not a big deal putting it on and easier to pull away.

I wasn’t sure about stop/start or Lane assist to start with but soon got used to them and they are always left on now.

Comment

Agree with bransoj, if I coast to a stop behind a queue of traffic, start/stop kicks in if I change to neutral. If I think the queue will move in a short time (say 15 secs) I'll just keep it in 1st and hold on the foot brake (would you believe that last word autocorrected to footballer!) If it's likely to be longer then I engage the ehb and the engine will stop. A blip on the throttle restarts it and will disengage the ehb.
                When I first got this car I sometimes stalled it when starting from 'engine stopped' mode without engaging the ehb.
                Takes a bit of getting used to, same as anything (took me 6 months to use the ehb properly on my previous car)
                2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I always turn it off when I start the car, that along with lane assist. They are 2 things that I just don't like.
                  The one thing I miss in this car which the Passat had, is the auto handbrake. Slow down at lights, take foot off brake pedal and the brake was on until I drove away, no matter how long I was sitting. Never needed to touch the handbrake switch at all.

Comment

I don't tend to do the sit with foot on the brake method because I know how p!ssed off I get at night, especially when it's raining when drivers sit in front of me with their brake lights dazzling me. We're not learnt to sit with a foot on the brake, we're learnt to put the hand brake on so car manufacturers should take that into account.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                    X