Rear Window Demister?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window Demister?

Well had the Sigi a little over two weeks now, and loving the car and comfort.

But as we have been having such mild weather lately not really needed to use the rear window demister. But went to gym yesterday and then put my bag in boot that had a damp towl in it. so on when leaving work later on for home, the back window was misted up a bit, pushed button to turn on rear demister, wing mirrors cleared but rear window did not, not a single line???

Checked fuse when I got home (No 28 noted in manual) this looked fine to me no appearance of blown fuse?? also the rear boot light is not working I noticed, bulb seems fine in that as well could be related or not. All the rear lights work fine and rear wiper and washer jet.

Have booked car into dealers ( have to wait until 19th Nov for courtesy car )

Anyone had similar issues or pointers of elsewhere to look??
    Live to ride, Ride to live

Ok thanks I'll take a look in the morning

Comment

Isnt it a seperate button for the front and rear, not sure if the wing mirrors should clear if the rear heated is on..
      I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

Yep have two buttons on front dash, rear one does the wing mirrors and other one is front, and turns the fan right up as well.

Comment

Pallion, on 01 November 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:
          Putting on Air Con will also clear the window.

Yea but when things turn frosty and cold, I don't want to be driving a mobile freezer

Comment

1. Running air con every now and then during winter helps keep the system lubricated.

2. Air con dehumidifies the cabin so not only should it help clear the windscreen, it should help prevent it getting bad in the first place.

Comment

Yea I may just use the air con a bit more now, I'm not a fan of hot cars so always have it nice and cool anywy.

Their is obviously something wrong wih the rear demister, not able to get car into dealer until 19th now, only time they have spare courtesy cars available.

Comment

Been using auto aircon to clear rear window as of late, cold damp mornings and soon end up seing nothing out the back. Actually clears it better, so what would the fuel mpg difference be between using demister as apposed to auto aircon, hmmmm

Oh and checked all my fuses and they seemed ok and visually looked brand new.

I also noticed on one cold day last week, when i started??car the ice warning came up on dash and also the rear demister light was on, so car sensed ice and turned this on.

Comment

Rear Window demister is in configuration settings also, for auto on when the temps drop
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

wickedwillie, on 11 November 2014 - 07:45 AM, said:
                    Your skin will shrivel up quicker if you are in aircon environments most of the time.

Luckily its only in my car then, as the miserable gits at work don't like to turn it on

Comment

Picked up car tis morning and all sorted out, they say nothing was wrong with the rear window demister??? I never imagined it, its all working fine, turn it on and lines appear on window clearing screen, so they must have fidled with the wires and hey presto its working.

Reported that centre armresr 12v socket also not working, and thT is now up and working. Also changed boot light as that was blown....

All in happy now car all working. Whilst they had my car i had a new Corsa in lime green glow in the dark colour.. Quite nice to drive, but not really for me. my daughter however loves it, so amybe another shopping spree soon ;-)

Comment

It would seem I have an intermittent fault, As its not working again. not even a smidgen of a heated line on the back window ???? so now all the frosty stuff is here it decides to not want to clear it

Back to the garage it goes again, but as I need my car for work and they cant give me any of the free green kermit cars again until Jan 2015

Comment

Dave2166, on 09 December 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:
                          better get a can or two of deicer then

Already got it

Comment

Dave2166, on 02 November 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:
                            i think youll find if you press the screen demist button it will switch the aircon on anyway, because thats hows it programmed, because thats the fastest way to clear the windscreen

That only applies if the setting hasn't been changed (like mine has). I only put my aircon on when I feel like it, maybe once or twice a week to keep it in use.

Comment

Snake842, on 11 December 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:
                              when I first got my car it was warm for a while so didn't??use the demister. Then when I needed it I found it wasn't working so off to the local dealers and the Vauxhall garage I bought the car from said they would change the screen if need be. the local dealers found a fault on what looked like a small circuit board in the rear hatch that had burnt out (they did say what it was called but I cant remember. it had a weird name)??Had it replaced and no more problems. hope this helps

As my siggis has the DAB as well so the rear window is also the arial as well, this works fine though.

Comment

Working...
                              X