insignia gsi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insignia gsi

Just a question! has anybody bought a insignia gsi, so tempted but for the price i could get bmw, jaguar etc, what do u all think?
    cheers.

Sorry I don't have a gsi but one thing that would point me towards one over BMW Jag etc, is that parts will be a lot cheaper if anything goes wrong
    2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

My mates been having loads of problems with his BMW, certain jobs only BMW can do ,thats were they have you over.

I was looking at Audi and also BMW before I bought my insignia.

Was a battle between heart and mind, mind won over , as a lot of jobs on so called premier cars are dealer specific,

Comment

Iv been told any battery or electrical related problems with Jags you need several credit cards to rectify.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

When my Saab broke down and died I got taken home on my AA cover, 500miles! Had 4 drivers, all said the most common job was anything made by the land rover company with electrical problems
          2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
          honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
            My mates been having loads of problems with his BMW, certain jobs only BMW can do ,thats were they have you over.

I was looking at Audi and also BMW before I bought my insignia.

Was a battle between heart and mind, mind won over , as a lot of jobs on so called premier cars are dealer specific,
            Someone I know is in the same position with his BMW. I am regularly reminded of how prestige it is compared to others(incl. mine) but he soon came to realise they keep shafting him when something needed doing(there was a few). He is also regularly being 'invited' for an upgrade....to me that translates to 'how can we keep shafting you', spam through the letterbox

Comment

Hi Gurdip, below was my response on a similar question recently, my budget wouldn't stretch to a GSI at the time I bought but having settled for the VX line I'm happy. Anyway, these were my thoughts if it helps!

I know what you are going through. I wasn't going to have another Vauxhall, I wanted to go more premium, having never had one. I looked at Jag XF sportbrake, the dealer was very nice, I got all the brochures, we all sat in one and had a poke around. Same with Merc E class, very nice etc. Same with Volvo V90, my teenage son ruled out Merc and Volvo, too old man! BMW 5 series, dealer didn't seem to want to sell cars so I walked out. Audi, my wife refused on image alone! So it was down to the Jag, then I discovered that the VX line had all the bits I wanted, it was big enough, heavy enough (just, I tow my second home), roomy enough, had the 8 speed auto with flappy paddles and sporty looking enough. Best bit, like for like, 8 grand cheeper than the rest. Now I know the others will hold their value a bit better but not to the extent that I would ever recoup that 8 grand premium. I discovered then that's why they call them premium! Nothing to do with being superior!
              I'm very happy with mine.

I think, when it boils down to it, image is what you are paying for. Some brands spend a lot of money on image Vauxhall maybe don't spend enough on that. Even the journalists fall for it, they criticise Vauxhalls for a bland interior yet when faced with anything from VAG or BMW it's teutonic? Latest Corsa for example. One journo when trying to find fault said the sat nav was a bit low, utter bollx, higher than any VAG, way higher than an A6 etc which they heap praise on. Four Sprung Duck Technique as they say! If you are still sceptical check out the youtube channel km77. The insignia tourer performs better in their test than most of the other German marques like for like. Including an M5 or Porsche 911. A Grandland X does the Moose test better than anything I have seen!

Sorry that was a bit long!

q
              Last edited by Drew; 12-02-2020, 09:32 PM.

Comment

​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

That is nice

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                    That is nice
                    Yes,but is it 25 grand nice,,these arent depreciating half as fast as the run of the mill grand sports
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

We havent had many members with one. DS1978 bought one. He might be able to answer your question.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Gurdip View Post
                        Just a question! has anybody bought a insignia gsi, so tempted but for the price i could get bmw, jaguar etc, what do u all think?
                        cheers.
                        Too much show, not enough go.

Ten years on from the old 2.8 Elite/VXR yet it's slower with mediocre mpg and a boring 4-cylinder engine. Where's the technological progress?

A poor effort for the top model.

Then there's the probable hefty depreciation, especially as there's nothing special about the car; it's not quick by modern standards, not a desirable badge and not got a six-cylinder engine.

I'll stick with my Elite 2.8 for as long as I can, then switch to another brand.

Comment

Very nice, but it's dropped around £10k in less than a year. And it hasn't got any fluffy dice
                          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post

Ten years on from the old 2.8 Elite/VXR yet it's slower with mediocre mpg and a boring 4-cylinder engine. Where's the technological progress?

Then there's the probable hefty depreciation, especially as there's nothing special about the car; it's not quick by modern standards, not a desirable badge and not got a six-cylinder engine.

I'll stick with my Elite 2.8 for as long as I can, then switch to another brand.
                            I agree that makes sense.
                            But its not just the top spec models. I will be switching brands too in the next 2 -3 months. Based primarily on engine performance but also on build quality. The panel fit on the showroom models I've seen is pretty crap. The new GSI Biturbo is too far behind the curve. Never bought new and probably never will. Too rich for my pay grade. Who else makes a biturbo diesel estate that is now 5 years old and better than a new siggy in every respect? And I'm in a Vauxhall since '97 so not going on a whim.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post

Not sure If this is the criteria the OP is referring to when considering a Gsi, but if he is, then I would agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X