Car Breakdown cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Breakdown cover

Looking for breakdown cover, after checking the usual contenders AA/RAC/Greenflag prices range from £67-£130, I decided to have a look comparison site, lot of companies of names not know to me and prices starts from like £21 per year, most have excess and I believe this is on call out, now I never needed them yet in my life but we going away tomorrow so decided to get one just in case, now this cheap won't be cheap if you call them out twice because they have £30-40 excess.

Main question is have you had any dealings with other companies apart from the main ones.

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
    Looking for breakdown cover, after checking the usual contenders AA/RAC/Greenflag prices range from �67-�130, I decided to have a look comparison site, lot of companies of names not know to me and prices starts from like �21 per year, most have excess and I believe this is on call out, now I never needed them yet in my life but we going away tomorrow so decided to get one just in case, now this cheap won't be cheap if you call them out twice because they have �30-40 excess.

Main question is have you had any dealings with other companies apart from the main ones.
    Been with RAC for years,.it's part of insurance policy. From flat battery to locking keys in car, major accident to knackered clutch and flywheel. Always sorted me, never charged me anything, always arrived within 2 hours. I have everything even though I don't need European cover etc.
    Once ran out of diesel at petrol station pumps, stuck £20 in but it wouldn't prime. Vectra B, came out, put hand pump on fuel systems.and bingo.
    Yes expensive, but very professional, always sorted me and family.

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I use a local company to me they do all the police clear up jobs
      they do cover a large part of mainland U.K. .
      Westbourne motors
      you only pay when needed .
      39/34 rubber bungee rope

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I’m with the rac and I can’t fault them. Top package for me and the wife. Any vehicle we travel in as a passenger they will come out too. I’ve got unlimited home start onwards travel key replacement Europe cover everything they do I’ve got and I pay £20 a month and recently with the siggy issues that paid for itself on call out and recovery to the house.

Always there before 90 minutes too and they never charge a excess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input, I think RAC is way to expensive been honest, I'm only ever going to need someone coming out if something happens on motorway, everywhere else I can get the car recovered via friends ect. I use to pay for AA or RAC and never needed them, and even when my car wouldn't start one morning in winter long time ago it was quicker to charge my jump pack then getting someone to my house, hmm I think I will just go with rescuemycar for £28.49 a year.

Comment

I guess it’s that age old thing of you pay for what you get I suppose. I’ve always stuck with RAC and they have always been good as gold. Recently my battery fails and literally the month before when I renewed they gave me an option to ad ‘at home recovery’ or ‘free battery replace’ so I choose the battery replace option and when the car wouldn’t start I called them out and true to their word replaced my battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
              I guess it’s that age old thing of you pay for what you get I suppose. I’ve always stuck with RAC and they have always been good as gold. Recently my battery fails and literally the month before when I renewed they gave me an option to ad ‘at home recovery’ or ‘free battery replace’ so I choose the battery replace option and when the car wouldn’t start I called them out and true to their word replaced my battery.
              You might be right but what I need it for paying nearly £200 a year is well overpriced, my fully comp insurance is only little more a year then there breakdown cover, as longest they come out and tow me away from motorway or change tyre if I need them that's all I need, rest I can sort my self.

Comment

We've got ours via these folk, other half sorted it and apparently they are well reviewed on Martin Lewis money saving or something :-
                AutoAid Breakdown provide UK wide Car Breakdown and Recovery services, including cover for your spouse from just £63.64 per year.

Never had to use them as yet mind you so can't vouch for them personally. Details here on Martin Lewis :-
                https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ca...cover/#autoaid

Comment

I always include it with the car insurance, I find that the cheapest way and I only get basic cover. For example I just insured the little un (Corsa 1.0 12v) for £143 fully comp for the year and that includes RAC breakdown, all the legal stuff etc and a £20 Halfords voucher. So in effect £123. Which I don't mind paying. We had to use recovery a year or so ago for the first time because a brake line split and we lost the brakes! They had to send a flatbed and they took us straight to our independent mechanic who fixed the brakes. There was no excess to pay either.

Comment

My Breakdown cover is for both cars and is with the AA. I have -

National Cover
                    At Home
                    Stay Mobile
                    Family cover - (anyone in my family below the age of 17 is covered in anyone's car. The AA ensures they get home).
                    Parts and Garage Cover (Breakdown Repair Cover) - AA pays first £535 of the repair after a breakdown. Limit is 6 claims in any 12 months. I've used it twice over the years - Alternator on a Vec-C, and ABS sensor on a Passat.

I pay £58 per month for two cars and both the wife and I have personal cover covering us in anyone else's car.
                    2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

I used to use Autonational Rescue, used to be £77 for 15 months, full cover but no courtesy car.

Comment

I got the top package with the aa. Only costs about £15 a year. Which they insist on paying for me. Doesn’t cost me anything
                        But two of my daughters work there, so it is very heavily discounted, one of the perks of their job. .
                        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

used to be with green flag,,but changed car insurance in may, to the AA,so have breakdown and more importantly,imo recovery
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                          X