Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need New Budget TV - what do you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need New Budget TV - what do you recommend?

Folks,

Needs some help, im so indecisive.

I need a new TV for the bedroom, im on a budget, needs to be as much <£200 as possible. 28" or 32". Needs 2-3 HDMI. USB, prefer to have record and playback too. SMART.

Im not massive on brand names so they dont bother me, but I do like slick menu's and small bezels for space saving. I have a max width of aorund 790mm to accomocate.

These are the options I have come across, what do you think?

OPTION 1: electriQ 32" Android TV - £160 inc delivery. Unknown brand??
    OPTION 2: Toshiba 32" Smart TV, 6 Yr Wty - £180 inc delivery. Reputable solid brand and 6 Yr Wty is appealing.
    OPTION 3: Hi-Sense 32" Smart TV - £200 delivered. Like the appearance of this, liove the thin bezel.

Also, whats your thoughts on Androird TV vs SMART?

I have noticed that prices have increased for TV's, boggo standard Smart at Argos used to be around £160.

Much appreciated.

Thanks,
    G.

Check out ao.com. got some great deals on there, I recently bought 2 veltech TVs, a 50", and a 32". Budget, but bloody good.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Comment

normally wouldn't touch Toshiba with a bargepole,but that 6yr warranty seems a no brainer imo
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
        Check out ao.com. got some great deals on there, I recently bought 2 veltech TVs, a 50", and a 32". Budget, but bloody good.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
        AO don't have much in budget or spec.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          normally wouldn't touch Toshiba with a bargepole,but that 6yr warranty seems a no brainer imo
          Thats what I thought ..

Comment

Hello Vac man putting my 2 pennies in here
            I've got 2 toshiba TV's 1 is plasma I've had it for 5 years no truble
            my other one had for 2 and still going good .
            i am a techno idiot but the smart tv I've got seems to have a lot I don't understand
            but my 10 year old says it's brilliant with all its apps.
            but anything with a whacking 6 year warranty shows how much faith the manufacturer has in its product.
            10-4 rubber TV stand !

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Have £180 32" Toshiba in bedroom, can't fault the TV, remote is a pain though. Full smart TV with usb recording and playback, never missed a beat on WiFi. Updates regularly, good sound for a change, excellent casting from phone or laptop, reads all files from server (laptop) to play downloaded films, Plex etc. Netflix is instant, Prime YouTube etc etc.

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Oh and Alexa support if your that way inclined

P30 lite using Tapatalk

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                  Have £180 32" Toshiba in bedroom, can't fault the TV, remote is a pain though. Full smart TV with usb recording and playback, never missed a beat on WiFi. Updates regularly, good sound for a change, excellent casting from phone or laptop, reads all files from server (laptop) to play downloaded films, Plex etc. Netflix is instant, Prime YouTube etc etc.

P30 lite using Tapatalk
                  That TV looks good, I assume its the same one as my link. Yes, remote look dire!!

Comment

This 0ne

P30 lite using Tapatalk

Comment

Almost identical to the one im looking at, albeit without the silver bit.

Comment

Bit of a twist guys, I was fully ready to order the Toshiba this morning, but its not in stock, so I have been offered this LG for £20 more, which was my preferred option as I like LG.

This is better, right ?

Comment

i have a polaroid tv in the bedroom 43", was about £190 i think or less from george/asda (cant remember exact cost) and the kids have a 32" in one of the bedrooms.

Remote is crap, replace it with a one4all, wifi, usb recording, freeviewHD.

Cant go wrong for the bedroom.

only gripe is the stand/legs are 1 each by edge of the tv, so need a decent space to stand it, or can be mounted on the wall

Comment

Originally posted by Vx-Man-G View Post
                            Bit of a twist guys, I was fully ready to order the Toshiba this morning, but its not in stock, so I have been offered this LG for £20 more, which was my preferred option as I like LG.

This is better, right ?
                            LG are notorious for the picture tube going on the led TVs

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy6boys View Post
                              i have a polaroid tv in the bedroom 43", was about £190 i think or less from george/asda (cant remember exact cost) and the kids have a 32" in one of the bedrooms.

Remote is crap, replace it with a one4all, wifi, usb recording, freeviewHD.

Cant go wrong for the bedroom.

only gripe is the stand/legs are 1 each by edge of the tv, so need a decent space to stand it, or can be mounted on the wall
                              This will be wall mounted so no issue with the legs. I dont lile the LG remote, its the same as the Samsung one, its sh1t. But for a bedroom, wont groan.

Comment

Working...
                              X