Wow... a duff gearbox and turbo at 44000 miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow... a duff gearbox and turbo at 44000 miles

so I bought a 14 plate insignia from Peter Vardy on fri for £6.700 and was supposed to collect it on Monday after it had gone threw all its checks.. the thing was spotless btw, pretty much like a brand new car with 44.000 miles on the clock.
    got a call on Monday and was informed the gearbox and turbo were scrap.. and apparently the welding underneath the car was questionable.
    i thought maybe a cut and shut but they denied it, but how can the gearbox and turbo be scrap at 44.000 miles? And what business did they have selling a car before they even had a look at it.
    thoughts?

Sounds like a lucky escape, wonder what it's history was....?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
      Sounds like a lucky escape, wonder what it's history was....?
      No idea.. they were very hush hush about it... worked out better for me as I bought an even better 14 plate Sri Nav yesterday

Comment

I bought my previous Insignia from Peter Vardy Kirkcaldy. It was a one owner Sri Nav Tourer, wasn't till I got the log book through that I noticed the one owner was Hertz! I should have checked, but to be fair it was cheap. Just shows there's a few things they don't tell you about.

Comment

If it's true
          or untrue
          they may of accidentally sold it twice
          and were trying to throw you off the scent
          But with the power of social media and web based forums
          bad word gets around fast ( as has just been done )
          so some people reading this may think twice about buying a used car from them .
          done themselves no flavours .
          if you have to reg number then look it up in a couple of months time to see if it still exists
          total car check is a good one .

1@-4 Arthur Daylight!

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
            If it's true
            or untrue
            they may of accidentally sold it twice
            and were trying to throw you off the scent
            But with the power of social media and web based forums
            bad word gets around fast ( as has just been done )
            so some people reading this may think twice about buying a used car from them .
            done themselves no flavours .
            if you have to reg number then look it up in a couple of months time to see if it still exists
            total car check is a good one .

1@-4 Arthur Daylight!
            Oh don’t get me wrong about peter Vardy.... I bought an Antara off them in January and it was the bees knees (from a different branch)
            but I just put it down to bad luck and was just wondering how a car with 44000 miles could have a wrecked clutch and gearbox.
            the manager was however telling me that cost too much to fix for a profit and they were putting the car into auction.

Comment

I guess if it’s been poorly maintained and thrashed everywhere then yes I guess it could be a rubbish car. Plenty of insignias out there to pick and choose from
              2011 tourer elite nav 2.0 eco flex
              Irmscher grill, hecko wind deflectors, dtuk tuning box, dtuk pedal box, Vauxhall logo puddle lights

Comment

When I pxed my previous Insignia for my current one. They let me know it arrived and I'd be getting it in a few days. I like to give my cars back spotless so they don't need cleaning but they rang a day earlier to say my new car was ready. I was at work so didn't have time to clean it. Don't get me wrong...My cars are never grafted but it was nowhere near to my standard of clean..... So to the point. I drove off in my new car and they instantly put my old one up for sale on the Evans Halshaw website including pics of the dirty car. I doubt it'll have got much more than a once over before a new owner drove away in it.

I think they're doing the reverse of judging a book by its cover these days. If it looks nice from the outside it must be ok everywhere else. Not like the old days when a 3 year old car had to have rust touched up before they sold it.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Comment

Working...
                X