Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia 2.0 CDTi - Reliability Facelift B

Hi Guys,

Having had two previous new 2.0 CDTi SRi's 130 and 140 with no issues with either, both covering 60k each.
    The only minor issue I had with the 140 was a blown Turbo hose.

Now I'm looking to return to the facelift 2.0 CDTi from 2016 - on.

Having read certain used reliability reviews, one mentions engine troubles with the Cyl. Head, Cams, Tappets and Valves etc. etc.

Any comments on this or your expierence of todays engine with 35k onwards.

thanks
    ex 2010 SRi 2.0 130 CDTi ecoFlex Silver
    ex 2015 SRi 2.0 140 CDTi ecoFlex White

Originally posted by Insigniakid View Post
    Hi Guys,

Having had two previous new 2.0 CDTi SRi's 130 and 140 with no issues with either, both covering 60k each.
    The only minor issue I had with the 140 was a blown Turbo hose.

Now I'm looking to return to the facelift 2.0 CDTi from 2016 - on.

Having read certain used reliability reviews, one mentions engine troubles with the Cyl. Head, Cams, Tappets and Valves etc. etc.

Any comments on this or your expierence of todays engine with 35k onwards.

thanks
    So your referring to the 2.0l 170.bhp whisper engine with adblue? Or the range of 2.0l non adblue engines? Never once read anywhere that either suffer from these faults in general.

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Thanks,

I would prefer the non - adblue diesel range.

I looked on the Top 100 2020 and the Insignia is quite down the list with a percentage of reported engine problems, yet as said I didn't have any issues with my previous cars covering 50/60k in each apart from a blown turbo hose replaced under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Insigniakid View Post
        Thanks,

I would prefer the non - adblue diesel range.

I looked on the Top 100 2020 and the Insignia is quite down the list with a percentage of reported engine problems, yet as said I didn't have any issues with my previous cars covering 50/60k in each apart from a blown turbo hose replaced under warranty.
        The euro 6 (adblue came out 2015 I think),
        I'd be more concerned about the oil pickup seal failing than anything else. Not much of one for those lists, doesn't it rather show that the more popular cars will be less reliable just down to the shear number of them on the road. Certain cars are favoured my lease and hire companies, which again isn't your average abuse etc.

I consider the Insignia range of engines to be quite decent all round to be honest. Depends how you drive, where you drive, what type of driving you do etc.

P30 lite using Tapatalk

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Think what contributed to the turbo hose blowing was towing a car transporter on odd weekends. Otherwise most of my driving is A class or Mway with little standing in traffic queues and driving without the excess lead in the shoe.

Comment

Sorry seen full title, do you mean a GS?

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              Sorry seen full title, do you mean a GS?
              Not sure what you asking

Comment

Grand Sport. You said facelift B.

Comment

Please have a look at the images, notice details to headlight and fog light grill
                  Which version are you looking at

Preface
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	insig1.jpg?itok=PRw7EZDp.jpg
Views:	3563
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	273958

Facelift
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	opel_510026.jpg
Views:	3475
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	273959

Comment

and if your after non adblue, then its the insignia A up to 2015

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                      and if your after non adblue, then its the insignia A up to 2015
                      Or the 1.6 diesel. But why no adblue?

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                        Or the 1.6 diesel. But why no adblue?
                        OP has stated he's after the 2.0

Comment

Working...
                        X