Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Embarrassing "Identify the model" question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrassing "Identify the model" question....

Hi all.

So, totally new to the Insignia world, just got my first after coming out of a company car and having to delve into the second had world. Enjoying it so far, but, with all the talk of facelift, A / B, bi turbo, etc etc etc, I'm a little embarrassed to say, I don't *Really* know what mine is, bar from 2011, CDTI Elite Nav 160. Can anyone identify it a little more bar from what's on the logbook. (As in A / B etc etc!)

Thanks all!!!

Definitely Insignia A, Insignia B is the new shaped one from 2017 onwards i think it was first launched. I'm just not sure if its the Insignia A pre-facelift or post facelift with it being a 2011 model, i think it could be pre-facelift but not sure.

The interior is giving me memories of my old 2010 Elite Nav Estate....all that fake wood, control knob for the infotainment and the CD500 system. Have you driven it much at night yet...the AFL lights are amazing! One of the only things i miss on my new one.

Comment

Pre face and the rest is in first post what model ect.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
        Pre face and the rest is in first post what model ect.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
        Sorry...edited my post when i saw the interior and changed my mind about it being post facelift.

Comment

Awesome, thanks! Not driven it too much so far. But I do like the lights! Still whiling out my notice period so rinsing the company car for as much fuel as possible :-D

Comment

Nice motor. As said , the AFL lights are brilliant. Like when reversing all 180 deg in front of car all lit up.
            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
              Nice motor. As said , the AFL lights are brilliant. Like when reversing all 180 deg in front of car all lit up.
              On an unlit road and auto full beam comes on it’s like the sun has come up they light up that much. I thought the turning of them with the steering wheel would be a bit gimmicky but it does make a difference.

Comment

Glad someone asked the question, had mine for a couple of months now without knowing A or B, pre or post. Looks like mine must be a post A as a 2014 SRI Nav. Thanks to Richhines for asking the embarrassing question.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
                  Wait till you've drive an Insignia B with Matrix LED light, didn't realized that would made so much difference to the standard halogens of an Insigna A pre-facelift... And the "welcome" animation is a nice gimmick

Comment

Pah, Click Bait... wheres the models??

Nice car by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                      Pah, Click Bait... wheres the models??

Nice car by the way!
                      I'll get the bikini on now. You get the sick bag.

Comment

You known this forum features a "picture of the month"? I think number 1 and 2 are real contenders

Comment

I reckon a picture of the op in his bikini is a real contender for POTM .

13-67 rubber speedos !

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                            You known this forum features a "picture of the month"? I think number 1 and 2 are real contenders
                            Spotted that, some very nice motors on there, VERY flattered you'd say that about mine! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                              Definitely, nice pics. Great sunset.

Comment

Working...
                              X