No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 53 and get my first one on Friday morning at Wishaw general hospital about 10 miles from me

Comment

Glad to see folk starting to get their vaccines, my father in law is in his 80s and is going for his first jab next Tuesday. My wife is NHS, and is hoping to get her first jab in the next week or so.

Must admit, I'm a bit confused about some of the comments on here saying about people that have already had both doses though. What happened to the change in tact, whereby they were supposed to giving as many folk as possible just the first dose, then a longer gap before the second dose?

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post
        Glad to see folk starting to get their vaccines, my father in law is in his 80s and is going for his first jab next Tuesday. My wife is NHS, and is hoping to get her first jab in the next week or so.

Must admit, I'm a bit confused about some of the comments on here saying about people that have already had both doses though. What happened to the change in tact, whereby they were supposed to giving as many folk as possible just the first dose, then a longer gap before the second dose?
        In my mam's case, she had her first dose before the changes so her second dose appointment was kept. She did ask them while she was getting her second and they said they were honouring original appointments but all new appointments were changing to a 3 month gap. They said it could be confusing and upsetting to some of the elderly who were originally booked in for 3 weeks.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper68 View Post
          You can get a rough estimate here:-
          https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk
          Thanks for this i don't know how accurate that is but even for humour of estimates i get my first dose between 14/07/2021 - 26/09/2021 and 2nd dose between 06/10/2021 - 19/12/2021.

Comment

Not holding my breath - at 59 I think it will be the summer - the issue will not be the injections it is the supply

Vaccinations centres around me are ready but no Vaccine

Comment

Originally posted by Brit Pete View Post
              Not holding my breath - at 59 I think it will be the summer - the issue will not be the injections it is the supply

Vaccinations centres around me are ready but no Vaccine
              I think thats the issue. We have had two weekends when the vaccine has been available here locally, one before Christmas and one 3 weeks later. Now were waiting for the next batch. Hopefully things are going to improve! Up here the weather is so bad the centre in Newcastle was advising the elderly not to travel.

Comment

They just said on the TV that vaccinations are going so well they expect everyone over 50 to be vaccinated by mid March.....Yeah right! I'mm believe that when they stick the needle in my arm.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Comment

I'm in no rush for this myself - although knocking on the door of 50, I think I'll sit at the back of the queue.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                    They just said on the TV that vaccinations are going so well they expect everyone over 50 to be vaccinated by mid March.....Yeah right! I'mm believe that when they stick the needle in my arm.
                    My wife is 44 and a Senior Sister on a Covid Ward.....she still hasn't been offered the vaccine.I'm nearly 53 so I too am not holding my breath and think the July/Aug estimate on the website is optimistic at best
                    2018 Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer Nav Bluemotion 2.0 Diesel(170ps)in Silver-Keyless entry and start -20" alloy wheels-Front fog lights-Rear privacy glass-Ambient interior led lighting-Full leather seats with Winter pack-Front and rear parking assist with Rear camera-Active emergency braking-Forward collision assist-Front pedestrian alert-Traffic sign recognition-Lane keep assist-Adaptive Cruise control-Speed warning and limiter-Voice recognition-Bluetooth-Dual zone climate control-Front and rear electric windows-High beam assist -Auto lights-Auto wipers-8”Colour touchscreen Navi 900 with DAB+-Heko Wind-deflectors.

Comment

All the workers at the dentist practice my GF works at were invited to some building in Edinburgh yesterday for the first vaccine jab.

Apparently they have had to dispose of some doses as people didn't turn up for them - Pretty frustrating to hear.

Comment

It appears there is no consistency across the UK.Nurses on other Wards who fall into the criteria(over 50 and/or in a vulnerable group) have had the jab
                        You can't get much more 'front-line' than a Covid Ward
                        All patients on the ward,regardless of age have been vaccinated!
                        2018 Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer Nav Bluemotion 2.0 Diesel(170ps)in Silver-Keyless entry and start -20" alloy wheels-Front fog lights-Rear privacy glass-Ambient interior led lighting-Full leather seats with Winter pack-Front and rear parking assist with Rear camera-Active emergency braking-Forward collision assist-Front pedestrian alert-Traffic sign recognition-Lane keep assist-Adaptive Cruise control-Speed warning and limiter-Voice recognition-Bluetooth-Dual zone climate control-Front and rear electric windows-High beam assist -Auto lights-Auto wipers-8”Colour touchscreen Navi 900 with DAB+-Heko Wind-deflectors.

Comment

It appears there is no consistency across the UK.Nurses on other Wards who fall into the criteria(over 50 and/or in a vulnerable group) have had the jab
                          You can't get much more 'front-line' than a Covid Ward
                          All patients on the ward,regardless of age have been vaccinated!
                          i was on a covid ward for 7 days and was really ill.............and im a RCCW and still not had the vaccine.
                          https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

i was on a covid ward for 7 days and was really ill.............and im a RCCW and still not had the vaccine.
                            Not very well organised is it

Comment

Not very well organised is it
                              certainly not up here.
                              https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

Good news for me today. My parents had both been offered vaccinations at either Newcastle or Manchester but due to distance/ weather conditions etc. they decided to wait for the local surgery, who called them today and they are both booked in at the same time on Monday.

Just got to wait for ours now, but as we are both retired there's nothing spoiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X