No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems we've had an issue in our town with some folk abusing the booking system for one particular centre here and jumping the queue and getting the vaccine. Seems the link to book that was sent to people who should have got it has ended up being passed on and it let people who shouldnt be in line to get it book a jab and the folk doing them have no reason they shouldnt be doing them by that point. Suspect some folk are rapidly trying to fix the system now!!

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
      Seems we've had an issue in our town with some folk abusing the booking system for one particular centre here and jumping the queue and getting the vaccine. Seems the link to book that was sent to people who should have got it has ended up being passed on and it let people who shouldnt be in line to get it book a jab and the folk doing them have no reason they shouldnt be doing them by that point. Suspect some folk are rapidly trying to fix the system now!!
      I've heard of somewhat similar stories local to me as well.

Although I fully understand the desire to get vaccinated at the earliest opportunity, I personally couldn't sleep at night if I knew I'd jumped the queue and prevented somebody more needy than myself getting their jab. Imagine being responsible for a vulnerable elderly person, or somebody with real health issues, not getting their jab and dying.

Sadly I would think that those that have jumped the queue won't see it that way, they'll just see it as "F-you Jack, I'm alright".

I have a heart conditon, but I'll happily wait until it's my turn, and just be as careful as possible in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post

I've heard of somewhat similar stories local to me as well.

Although I fully understand the desire to get vaccinated at the earliest opportunity, I personally couldn't sleep at night if I knew I'd jumped the queue and prevented somebody more needy than myself getting their jab. Imagine being responsible for a vulnerable elderly person, or somebody with real health issues, not getting their jab and dying.

Sadly I would think that those that have jumped the queue won't see it that way, they'll just see it as "F-you Jack, I'm alright".

i have a heart conditon, but I'll happily wait until it's my turn, and just be as careful as possible in the meantime.
        As you say i think if they are of the mentality to think jumping in and doing this is ok then thinking of others and how they are affected is well down the list.

My sister in law has leukaemia so she is in the highly vulnerable group and was shielding prior to the original lockdown and throughout to the point our niece had to come out of school and my brother in law who is training to be a teacher had to stop going in. She's yet to hear anything about a jab at all.

I'm sort of similar to you, i'm on injection medication for my psorasis (auto immune skin condition) that messes about with my immune system a bit to stop the psorasis so whilst i've not had to shield i do need to be slightly careful as not sure how my immune system would deal with it. The advice from the dermatology dept where i go is i should have the vaccine as and when i'm invited to do so but no idea when that will happen as it stands.

Comment

tell you who should go to the very back of the vaccination q....the 400 b@stards in the news today,who attended a wedding in london,,,,and the organisers ....i hope they get time
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            tell you who should go to the very back of the vaccination q....the 400 b@stards in the news today,who attended a wedding in london,,,,and the organisers ....i hope they get time
            Thought you said 400lb b4stards for a minute then. I was gonna say you leave us alone. It cost us a lot of money buying chocolate to get in this condition. It's one of the few foods incurring VAT. We deserve to be higher in the queue.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              Hard to disagree with this.

Whilst most of us are doing our bit, and sacrificing time with our friends and families, it genuinely beggars belief that folk still think this is acceptable.

Comment

Working...
              X