Single garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single garage

Hey folks. Has anyone got a single garage and managed to fit their insignia in? My garage is full of crap and I am going to have a clear out and re organise, but wondered what sort of space I might have if went full clear out.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

Nope, doesn't fit in mines. Garage is about 5 meters long, buy I need some space to reach the room behind the garage.

Comment

How old is the property?
      if it's a kinda new build then you can't even get a kiddies trike in them .
      if it's older property then excuse me for being sexual but if the length do t get you then the width will .
      most modern cars will not fit in a garage and allow you to open the doors with out demolishing a wall or 2 .

10-4 faster faster !

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Cheers for the replies gents. It's 10 year old the house I have just sadly never had it cleared since moving in 10 years ago to try a car. Tried to get measurements and dimensions of car and in theory it will fit but no room around. Need to clear enough space to measure accurately then just had thought I could make that space in car park at work with some pallets and try the car get a visual idea but reckon I am better just giving up on the idea.

Comment

Yes and no Yes you can get an insignia in and no i wouldnt bother with the amount of room either side The house i live in i think was built in the 1950s the garage is more for a morris minor than an insignia but we got my mates insignia hatch in. but it was a tight squeeze. I couldnt get the estate in not that it wasnt big enough but well mine got stuck on a leaf

Comment

Luckily I've got a wide double garage (6m wide), and with all the crap in it (see my entry in this month's potm) I can just about get the car in and open doors on both sides. The standard single garage width is 2.8m, so with nothing else in it and parking with the nearside tight against the wall you should just about get the driver's door open (but not fully, just measured mine and from the tip of the nearside door mirror to the edge of the fully open driver's door is 2.97m)
            A bit tight eh?
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I'm lucky as, my garage is not quiet a double 6m by 4m or there abouts, and I have to shoe horn my motor in, will have a clean out one day. Looking at the so called doubles they build these days, they are only singles, if you want to use them as a workshop as well. Click image for larger version  Name:	20210126_110842.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.6 KB ID:	283455
              Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

no historical standard - lots of garages up until recently are actually too small, but now the minimum internal dimensions required by planning is a clear 3m x 6m - all house dependent I'm afraid

Comment

sorry for this self congratulatory image but i have just spent the last 4 weeks sorting out my garage storage with the christmas prezzy to my self , to below , its taken 5 trips to the tip with the estate full of 35 years of crap you accumulate, you know the "one day i might use that" but 35 years later it still there hangingits not a fridge in the corner , dont need one yet its cold enough in there already
                  dean.m

p.s while the insignis will fit no problem its full of other cars
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210117_133417 (Medium).jpg
Views:	182
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	283459

Comment

Some inspiration there geys thanks. Was going to get pics at weekend of the mess and get started but had the migraine from hell so lay in a dark room instead for a while. Rock n roll .

Comment

I’m looking at adding a garage in if things pick up at work soon. I’m looking to build a 4m wide and at least 6m deep. Measuring against the car should give me approx 1m either side and a decent space at the front or rear.
                      The car won’t be kept in it but will be mostly used as a workshop for some projects and if I need to work on the cars it’s Just and idea at the moment.

Do you know what size your garage is Graeme?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X