Air Conditioning No Longer Cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Conditioning No Longer Cold

Afternoon all - I have a 65 plate 2.0 CDTI. When I bought it 9 months ago the AC wasn't working so the dealer had it re-gassed and viola, freezing cold and was brilliant all summer. I've run it occasionally over the winter just to keep it operational. We had a fairly warmish day last week so I put it on and there was no temperature difference when compared to the standard cold blowers. Surely it can't need another re-gas?

Does the ambient exterior sensor impact the AC? For example, if I set the AC to cold and it was cold outside, would the sensor control the interior temperature so that it's not freezing cold?

Any thoughts are mucho appreciated.

Cheers.

You should have climate control? If so your ac works along side it. If you have it set to say, 21° the cc should gradually cool until the temp hits your chosen number. Mine was cooling last week but it wasn't freezing cold.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks. So if I go out now and set the temp to 'Low' and switch on the AC, what should happen? I assumed it should always go to the temperature that's pre-installed as 'Low' regardless of the outside temp?

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
      You should have climate control? If so your ac works along side it. If you have it set to say, 21° the cc should gradually cool until the temp hits your chosen number. Mine was cooling last week but it wasn't freezing cold.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleD View Post
        Thanks. So if I go out now and set the temp to 'Low' and switch on the AC, what should happen? I assumed it should always go to the temperature that's pre-installed as 'Low' regardless of the outside temp?

Normally that should make it blow cold but if the outside temperature is 5° or below your ac won't work. The outside temp here is 6°. I just knocked mine down to low and if began to blow cold.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Normally only a very small amount of gas escapes. If yours needed a refill some months Ol ago there might be a small leak. They should have checked the system for leaks when it needed me gas. With some luck they've included indication fluid so the can use black light to find leaks.
          My 2009 Insignia had perfectly working airco when I had the system preventive refilled after 10 years.

Comment

Working...
          X