Which one do we buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one do we buy?

It's been a long time since we've had a Vauxhall, think VX4/90, Cavalier SRi, the Insgnia ST fits most of what we need/want but oh my!!! the amount of different trims.
    We have a maximum budget of 5k and our wants are
    Spec SRi or higher
    Mileage under 100k
    Year 2011 or higher
    Auto box
    I know there are plenty our there but it's giving us a headache, oh and I should mention we haven't got a car to and look because our last one was totalled so we need a car asap and within about 100 miles of Liverpool.
    Any help with negotiating the trim dilemma and also what to look for would be appreciated

Depends on your trim requirements, ie sat nav, leather seats, alloy wheel spec etc etc. There's loads out there in automatic....its also down to the dreaded oil pickup seal on higher mileage cars..for a decent spec your looking at sri, sri vx line, or elite. My first insignia was a 2011 sri vx line nav with low mileage, I loved it...I now own a 16 plate version with the later b20dth engine..

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Comment

I just came across this site, could be handy for those finding out which car you've just bought: https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/fleet/tools-and-apps/historicaldata.html Just select "LITERATURE ARCHIVE" -> "Individual Price Guides: Cars" ->Discontinued Vehicles (or Insignia B) and then the year. Enjoy!

see the link above one of our long standing members Ernst found this and it may help you in your quest to decipher the minefield.
      As with anything
      Good service history
      Regular services backed up with service book and possibly invoices
      Cambelt change ( its due either mileage or age whichever comes first)
      2 working keys is great .
      General look of the car and body work
      On the auto , transmission oil changes
      If a diesel is your bag a known failure is the oil pickup seal ,which will lead to engine failure.
      Well documented on here .
      Make sure everything works even down to little electrical items, like most modern cars there's a lot of electronics.
      Check old mot's on line .
      I'm sure there will be others along to give you advice.

3455-46666 one careful owner!

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Has anyone got any info on the 4x4 Elite models, running costs, problems etc
        I've seen an 11plate with very low mileage but it's 6.5k

Comment

Just beware that if you are running on a budget the more toys equals more to go wrong. The early adaptive lights can suffer from problems at that age and are pricey to fix, as is the 4wd system should it go wrong and even the dampers if it has the flexride are tremendously expensive, same with power tailgates as they get old. I would have thought £5k should get you into a younger facelift, but maybe not elite spec.

I would look at something like this, nice spec and leaves room in the budget for the oil pickup seal and a cambelt change if it hasn't been done.
          https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...02104020899505

sorry just realised that's a manual...
          Last edited by Drew; 10-04-2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I used to work at a Vauxhall Dealership when the facelifts were being introduced so I know looking at the specs, the Elite, EcoFlew, SRI, VX-Line, it can get confusing. I personally drive a 2.0L CDTi SRI Saloon and its a 2011 model. I've never really had many issues with them.

The SRI has the 160 Horsepower version of the engine and has uprated suspension. The SatNav I've never liked, I've always believed it's trying to kill me. But for general usage it's been brilliant. I got it with 32K on the clock and in six years I've took up to just shy of 97K.

Comment

Originally posted by Norihagafan View Post
              I’ve got a 67 plate 2ltr turbo 4x4 elite, no problems yet as for running costs £60-£70 for a full tank which would do about 300 miles (fun miles playing with Golf Gti’s though )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi guys,

thanks for all of the help, I've never had so much bother buying a car in my life. The last big buy was a new 54plate Kia Sorento and that went a couple of months ago and sadly my wife had a near miss on a motorway last week and the other car was totalled.
                I'm still favouring the SRi and hoping to get a facelift model

Comment

Originally posted by Norihagafan View Post
                  With your budget I would steer clear from the 4x4 variants as the earlier Haldex systems were problematic and costly to repair........nearly as much as the price of the car on that budget
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
                  X