lower radiator bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower radiator bracket

Hi, I have just found out that my bottom radiator bracket has broken on the drivers side, it looks like the bumper has to come off to change it, but I was wondering if you have to take the radiator off or can you just ease it up and do the swap.
    Thanks
    Kev

Not done it myself, but it looks like it's a bumper off job. See here if it helps:-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unoslDB8Wd0

Comment

If you mean the alloy mounts at the bottom of the radiator, I certainly replaced both of them on my old Insignia without removing the bumper.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	AE8B2085-E6CA-44B6-9648-8D48914D00F2.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	295357Click image for larger version

Name:	7648A7F8-5513-453D-8746-FFE7C2424203.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	295356

Comment

Can you do it without removing the radiator.

Comment

I replaced my passenger side about 2 years ago, didn't touch the bumper at all, used a trolley jack to raise/support the radiator enough whilst removing the old bracket and fitting the new one,

Comment

As above, I just eased the radiator up a wee bit and replaced the brackets one at a time. No need for bumper or radiator to be removed.

Comment

Thanks gents, will give it a go this weekend

Comment

Same here easy to do,removed the arch liner on mine for access.
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Maybe support the radiator if you can while you do it. I had the nearside one break and the radiator dropped slightly and sprung a leak

Comment

Changed the bracket this weekend. I did it with the bumper off, it was easier to get to the bolts from underneath, there were lots of heater pipes and intercooler pipes from the top.

Thanks for your help folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X