GS SRi Nav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS SRi Nav

My GS is awaiting dealer looking at it. Only had it 4 weeks… pedal sensor apparently. Not impressed.

Those thinks can happen. Mines had a nasty noise after 6 months, which took some time to be sorted out. Still I think they're lovely cars with a huge value-for-money ratio. At least they known the cause of your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevster65 View Post
      My GS is awaiting dealer looking at it. Only had it 4 weeks… pedal sensor apparently. Not impressed.
      Common issue that loads of Vauxhalls, not just GS's, had. Unfortunately happened to me on my 18 plate petrol GS SRi Tourer in December 2019, wasnt fixed until April 2020 so had a stream of hire cars but as it was lockdown i couldnt collect the car as it was at Pentagon Derby as its near work but i live in Chesterfield so couldnt justify the 70 mile round trip to fetch it in the middle of the first lockdown. Was eventually the end of May when i got the car back. Work colleague has since had it happen to him on his 67 plate diesel hatchback GS as well but his was in and out in a day.

At one point they were telling me there were 800/900 cars across the country needing to be fixed but they couldnt get parts to do it hence why it took so long to sort mine, once they got the part it was done pretty quickly. They replace the whole throttle pedal assembly i believe.

Comment

guys what are the symptoms of this fault? just so i know if it happens to mine .
        dean.m

Comment

Thanks guys. I guess I’m just a bit pissed off it happens after only 4 weeks.

The symptoms were engine management light on, traction control on and into limp mode. Breakdown diagnosed it. SouthernVauxhall in Merthyr not remotely interested. Useless. I went back to Ron Skinner where I bought it and they booked me into Baylis in Hereford who have been more helpful. We will see next week.

Comment

Originally posted by sri- nav View Post
            guys what are the symptoms of this fault? just so i know if it happens to mine .
            dean.m
            When i had the issue it seemed to be more of an issue when it was wet or cold as if that was knackering the sensor but that could have just been the way i thought it was happening. Basically its not hard to miss as if you go to accelerate or take your foot off the throttle ie anything that changes the pedal it will go into limp mode with the associated lights. Generally you can clear it by restarting the car but i had journeys where it would go loads or not at all so it was very hit and miss how it was doing it. Its happened to me pulling away from places to accelerating\lifting off on the M1 at 70mph which is fun!! I suspect there was a duff batch of parts that got used and rather than recalling Vauxhall are sitting it out fixing as they come in.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post

When i had the issue it seemed to be more of an issue when it was wet or cold as if that was knackering the sensor but that could have just been the way i thought it was happening. Basically its not hard to miss as if you go to accelerate or take your foot off the throttle ie anything that changes the pedal it will go into limp mode with the associated lights. Generally you can clear it by restarting the car but i had journeys where it would go loads or not at all so it was very hit and miss how it was doing it. Its happened to me pulling away from places to accelerating\lifting off on the M1 at 70mph which is fun!! I suspect there was a duff batch of parts that got used and rather than recalling Vauxhall are sitting it out fixing as they come in.
              cheers, worth knowing
              dean.m

Comment

Originally posted by sri- nav View Post

cheers, worth knowing
                dean.m
                No worries.....there is a lengthy thread i started somewhere which covered my issue.....was without the car from something like the 12th Dec 2019 to middle of May 2020 i think it was.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post

No worries.....there is a lengthy thread i started somewhere which covered my issue.....was without the car from something like the 12th Dec 2019 to middle of May 2020 i think it was.
                  I’m just hoping that the stock issue has now been sorted. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevster65 View Post
                    I’m just hoping that the stock issue has now been sorted. Fingers crossed.
                    As mentioned guy at work had the same issue and he was sorted very quickly so should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X