Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear ended today

Hi guys

So has the title says I got ended this afternoon by an Audi (got to say audi didnt do to great bonnet bumper grill lights both wings rad intercooler crushed the front end)

No ones fault really a kid ran into the road I locked up my breaks most be better than his he’s agreed to pay and not go through insurance which I’m ok with as they will just right the car off and no one was injured
    I already have a colour matched bumper to replace the smashed one but I need the metal bar thing that sits just behind the bumper anyone know what it’s called so I can call AVS in the morning and get one please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reinforcement crash bar

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      Reinforcement crash bar
      Thank you bud am I right in thinking there is 3/4 bolts each side ?

Comment

Also known as the slam bar I think they called it when my previous Insignia was rear ended.

Bad luck about what happened but at least the other party is going to pay without going through insurance.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
          Also known as the slam bar I think they called it when my previous Insignia was rear ended.

Bad luck about what happened but at least the other party is going to pay without going through insurance.
          Lucky I brought the bumper like 2 months ago because I was retrofitting parking sensors in it and never got round to it so I have a perfect front and back bumper sat in the garage hehe

Comment

Originally posted by dsknectd View Post

Thank you bud am I right in thinking there is 3/4 bolts each side ?

Yeah...easy removed mate

Comment

Hope you get it sorted
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

How's your back? I once was rare ended a long time ago. Car hadn't that much damage, only a mark on the number. My back and neck started to hurt a few days later. Make sure you've got on paper he hit you in case there are future medical costs related to this accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                  How's your back? I once was rare ended a long time ago. Car hadn't that much damage, only a mark on the number. My back and neck started to hurt a few days later. Make sure you've got on paper he hit you in case there are future medical costs related to this accident.
                  My back is fine everyone involved is ok just car damage that’s all luckily just trying to find a new crash bar now I was hoping a breakers near me would have one and I could get it sorted today but not looking to be the case

Comment

Fit a tow bar then there is no need to replace the alloy brace

Comment

Originally posted by dsknectd View Post

My back is fine everyone involved is ok just car damage that’s all luckily just trying to find a new crash bar now I was hoping a breakers near me would have one and I could get it sorted today but not looking to be the case

Hi dsk
                      I have one, I'm at Melton, so not too far away. It's off a Sport Tourer. Maybe fit , Maybe Our experts will be able to tell us.
                      Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post

Hi dsk
                        I have one, I'm at Melton, so not too far away. It's off a Sport Tourer. Maybe fit , Maybe Our experts will be able to tell us.
                        Thank you bud I really appreciate that but they ain’t the same the mount plates are different so I’m told but tbh I’m no expert myself just want the garage told me

Comment

Working...
                        X