Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con

Hi all,

Got my AC tested for leaks, and regassed today, no leaks found and she's full of gas now..

But the AC Compressor won't switch on, I'm not sure if this could be a clutch, compressor or module?

All the fuses are OK, checked faults with OPcom and all fine.. Has anyone had this issue before? I'm a bit fuming that it decided to die now but it is what it is..

Tim

2012 Vauxhall Insignia VX Line Sri Nav

who did it ? And why didn't they check the functionality of the AC
    also how did they know how much R134A they were adding ?
    it requires the compressor to be running to add the right weight of R134A
    But any road up could be the high pressure switch, that's another thing to add to the mix.

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      who did it ? And why didn't they check the functionality of the AC
      also how did they know how much R134A they were adding ?
      it requires the compressor to be running to add the right weight of R134A
      But any road up could be the high pressure switch, that's another thing to add to the mix.
      It was a friend of mine with his own garage, he has the proper machine to do it, and it was 600 to fill it up again from memory, says in the engine bay..

I told him to regas it, didn't think that the compressor would be the problem, just want to see if anyone else has any experience before I start buying parts

Comment

I should add that the gas was only around half full, so he went ahead anyway and filled it up and changed the oil as well..

Now when the AC failed it just cut out all of a sudden, so since no fault codes are showing up, my thinking is that the compressor clutch or a module is to blame?

P.S So done with cars

Comment

Have you tried throwing in the clutch on the compressor with opcom .to see if it engages
          or the condenser fan , it requires the right amount of pressure on the high side for the compressor to kick in and the condensing fan to run ,if the high pressure switch is not detecting pressure then it will,l not run .
          It will go to fail safe
          Measuring blocks first before throwing parts at it , also then you will be be able to know what's working.

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Can anyone tell me which relay in the engine bay fuse box controls the AC Compressor Clutch.. Can't find anything online at all, and as usual nothing mentioned in the manual...

Here is a photo of it.

I'm trying to bridge it to see if my clutch is engaging.

Thank you

Comment

It may be in the rec which is under the fusebix
              unfortunately those relays are not replaceable.

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

sorry I'm a little late to the party, and not sure that im bringing anything to the table.

i have to hand the Haynes manual, but unfortunately it doesn't even name, or label any of the relays at all It does on the other hand have at least 1 fuse in every fusebox in the car relating to the A/C, and further states that the heating and A/C control module are one in the same unit, (located behind the glove box.)

from a very small amount of research if the pressure switch (on the side of your condenser) is bad this will stop the clutch engaging, these look pretty easy and cheap to replace and dont require the system to be emptied to replace (don't take my word for it), but the switches can be bypassed to see if this is the problem (don't do this for long or it could kill the compressor) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQO58-vXVL0

Happy to post the pictures of the wiring diagrams and fuse labels if you think it will be of any use, and any other page you need.

Comment

Much less of a hassle just to check it with diagnostic equipment instead of fumbling to find a relay without any knowledge.
                  Had to replace the compressor on my insignia because it could not build enough pressure even tho it was engaging.

Comment

Working...
                  X