how much mobile Data do i need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much mobile Data do i need

Hoping to start new job shortly and will need to use Sat-Nav most of the day (3 days a week), Thinking using phone (google maps) but phone is currently on pay as you go sim only, looking to putting it on contract but don't know how much data I might use, Don't want to be stuck with high monthly bill if job does not work out so looking at unlimited calls and Text so I can keep costs down by not having unlimited Data, question is how much data would I use?

Didn't think Google maps used your data if so get a cheap satnav

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

Originally posted by Smig64 View Post
      Didn't think Google maps used your data if so get a cheap satnav

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
      I have a sat nav but its quite old and maps old and battery wont hold charge, reason I was thinking of using phone is having less to carry as will be in and out of different vehicles all day.

Comment

Google maps uses very little data. I'd suggest you buy a bolt on to go with your pay as you go so you can judge what contract to get. Even the cheaper contracts include a few gig of data these days. I doubt you use any more than that.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

you can use google maps offline, download at home with your wifi , you wont have live traffic data etc, but you will have google maps with out using data

Comment

I use Waze and have driven about 1000 miles with it and it has use 284mb in that time so not much at all.

Comment

Thanks Guys

Comment

Just came across this...

On average, Google Maps uses about 0.67MB of data every 10 miles and 0.73MB of mobile data for every 20 minutes. According to our research, it uses less than Apple Maps but slightly more than Waze.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd be tempted to buy a TomTom.

Always up to date with the free map updates etc

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
                    Just came across this...

On average, Google Maps uses about 0.67MB of data every 10 miles and 0.73MB of mobile data for every 20 minutes. According to our research, it uses less than Apple Maps but slightly more than Waze.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Hi RBH. Might look down this route if I like (or they like me) the job after couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                        H

Hi RBH. Might look down this route if I like (or they like me) the job after couple weeks.
                        I bought mine a few years ago in Tesco....was the 6 inch screen.
                        got free for life map updates.
                        Its flawless bud.

What's the job bud?

Comment

I bought mine a few years ago in Tesco....was the 6 inch screen.
                          got free for life map updates.
                          Its flawless bud.

What's the job bud?
                          Collecting and delivering cars/vans.

Comment

I've always liked TomTom, if you buy one with lifetime updates it works out cheap in the long run, it leaves your phone free, and stops the chance that your phone rings just at a critical mapping direction and you lose where you are going!

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post

Collecting and delivering cars/vans.
                              Nice one bud.
                              fingers crossed all goes well bud

Comment

Working...
                              X