Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone replaced their Body Control Module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone replaced their Body Control Module?

Mine seems to have stopped working correctly, I have been told it's a main dealer job, but seem to remember someone here doing it themselves.
    Any advice welcome, I will bore you with the details later if you can't get to sleep . . .
    Thanks.

Originally posted by Red Stoat View Post
    Mine seems to have stopped working correctly, I have been told it's a main dealer job, but seem to remember someone here doing it themselves.
    Any advice welcome, I will bore you with the details later if you can't get to sleep . . .
    Thanks.
    Glen............

plasma might be the ideal man for some advice bud......im sure his knowledge stretches to these too

Comment

and I've just came off my weeks nightshift or you could've told me all night

Comment

HAHA thanks RBH, I will message him.

Comment

spill the beans, whats going on?
          Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
          questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

OH, that was quick. My BCM played up a while ago, and I had the DRLs disconnected. This was fine until tonight, when the main beam stayed on, and could not be turned off. It looks like I have to get it sorted, and would appreciate any info you have. Thanks.

Comment

yes I can do BCMs, and no they dont need to be new..

Comment

Sounds good. I will PM you if you prefer. You will have to tell me how it will work (posting BCM, telling the ECU etc)

Comment

OK I need the part number of my BCM. Got the glovebox out, fusebox out of the way, and the bottom three connectors undone, but the top four have me stumped. Anyone know if there is a nack?

Comment

snip the cable tie on them... this give enough movement on the wire to get a screwdriver in to hit the release clip

Comment

Thanks for that, I am struggling to see everything, and my knee is telling me not to crawl about in cars. I was sure there was a release clip, but still struggling to find it.

Comment

its in exactly the same place but hidden by the cables

Comment

Cheers, will have another go in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                          X