Repairs approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairs approved

After my new to me Insignia rolled down a slope into a small post after standing where I parked it for at least 3 minutes(Seemingly I hadn't engaged the handbrake)
    I got the Engineers report yesterday.
    The wheel had been bent out at an angle of about 15 degrees
    The good news is the sub frame for the rear suspension has not moved on the floor pan
    However it is damaged where the front and rear arms are attached to it So the subframe and all the near side suspension components will be replaced .
    There is a small amount of damage to the rear bumper cover and just above it on the rear quarter .
    Once repaired it will go on the 4 wheel alignment machine
    I should have it back by the end of the month

Note to self..............also park it in gear. If facing downhill then in reverse, if facing uphill then in first
    also, did you double pull the handbrake or just pull once? Always double pull
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

These EHB Seem like a fantastic idea but if not proficient then all hell brakes loose like a male streaker in a nunnery
      on my volvo the paddle for it is on the outer edge of the dashboard down low Level which in my mind from a firm that prides itself on safety, is a weird place to put it .
      but what am I supposed to know, I just own it and drive it.

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I noticed with mine that if I sit there with handbrake engaged and rev the engine, the handbrake disengaged. That's not helpfull

Comment

I thought I had pulled it just once .
          lesson learned 2 pulls and in gear

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
            I noticed with mine that if I sit there with handbrake engaged and rev the engine, the handbrake disengaged. That's not helpfull
            Does it disengage when revved in neutral? Mines auto, but I can rev it in neutral and it will only disengage when I put it in drive.

Comment

Yep, disengaged when I rev it neutral, I'm aware of it now obviously but surprised the hell out of me to start with...

Comment

What does the double pull do? Never known that, although I have a habit of always double checking...

Comment

Originally posted by Stormbringer55 View Post
                  After my new to me Insignia rolled down a slope into a small post after standing where I parked it for at least 3 minutes(Seemingly I hadn't engaged the handbrake)
                  I got the Engineers report yesterday.
                  The wheel had been bent out at an angle of about 15 degrees
                  The good news is the sub frame for the rear suspension has not moved on the floor pan
                  However it is damaged where the front and rear arms are attached to it So the subframe and all the near side suspension components will be replaced .
                  There is a small amount of damage to the rear bumper cover and just above it on the rear quarter .
                  Once repaired it will go on the 4 wheel alignment machine
                  I should have it back by the end of the month

Glad you're getting it sorted mate.
                  Surprised they didnt just write it off, they usually do with any sort of suspension damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Vx-Man-G View Post
                    What does the double pull do? Never known that, although I have a habit of always double checking...
                    It fully sets the EPB
                    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I called the body shop this morning as my car was supposed to be ready today .
                      I was told the rear N/S axle is on back order with no date for availability .My daughter had a similar problem with back ordered parts with her Zafira .
                      So I now have a new Ford Focus loan car ,Interestingly it has an electronic hand brake but with the addition of a hold facility and warning if you open the door .

Comment

5 plus weeks and still not got my Insignia back
                        The parts came in over 3 weeks ago but various reasons given by the body shop for more delays delays
                        They said it may be ready tomorrow

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Comment

Got a call tonight it's ready
                            picking up in the morning

Comment

Give it a GOOD look over at the repairs
                              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                              X