No announcement yet.

Why do you drive Opel/Vauxhall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to drive Italian religiously, first 8 cars were Italian. I then went self employed and wanted a bit of anonymity - the Vectra SRI looked a handsome car (2004) and so bought one. Turned out to be expensive but drove nicely. Traded for a nearly new 2008 CDTI SRI which was very reliable and we kept for nearly 10 years. Had VX ever since - on the whole pretty reliable, good value to buy (not at the moment though!!)

Comment

I always buy something different between BMW's, and always 6 cylinder. But I've had my latest car for 7 years now, as I can't be bothered changing and not really into cars now, would rather save the money.

Comment

Well to be honest I liked Opel cars since I was a kid. From Kadet to Omega, then sticked with Insignia. To tell the truth, Insignia was my dream car, and I got my first Insignia back in 2009. It was brend new and my dream come true . Now I got Insignia Grand Sport 2018 and I apsolutely love it.

In my country, the only brand people believe in is VW, BMW, Audi and Mercedes. Ok, those are very cool cars, but very expensive for service and spare parts.

All in all, my Insignia is doing the job like every other modern car. It' just a mater of what you like, and what you don't like

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Comment

My father always had one.
          They depreciate in value very fast here in Norway so an Insignia Country Tourer is around 10-12 thousand pound cheaper than a Skoda, VW, Volvo and Audi with 4x4.
          The parts used to be cheap before but now the imports and service have been taken over by one of the biggest car companies in Norway. The parts have doubled in price the last 2 years.
          Easy to get parts since the Fiat diesel engine has been used for over 10 years.

Comment

never been fussed on any particular brand or model, just things that either catch my eye, can afford or are different to the rest in the works car park.

have had more fords (5) than anything else, wanted an estate after my last minibus, economical, cheapish tax (sub £200 ish), was looking at bmw 520d m-sport, merc e-class, and audi a6, saw the insignia in the garage, just come in from part ex that morning, took it out....bloody brilliant...deal sorted and deposit paid and picked it up 2 days after my birthday.

Had it 3 yrs and 35k miles end of next month, other than regular oil changes its only needed a sensor'd glow plug.

couple of months time its due a cambelt and water pumpkit, coolant change, oil and filters change, gearbox oil change and if funds allow some m-tech drilled discs all round.

3 insignia estates in car park so its been de-badged, led'd, calipers painted red and kept polished

Comment

My dad's first car was a 1968 Opel Kadett and got me interested in cars.Next a brand new 1974 Kadett C which I bent the chassis on a wet night following the circuit of Ireland rally.When the car was repaired my dad threw me the keys, I never forgot that and I never crashed again. A 78 C then the Kadett D a great car at the time , front wheel drive and more powerful engines than the equivalent Ford's.
              My first car was a 1976 Opel Kadett city in signal green, it was four years old. Next the new cars,
              89 Kadett D 1.4S
              92 Astra
              95 Astra
              98 Astra
              00 Astra
              03 Astra
              05 Astra GTC 1.6
              09 Insignia 2.0 D 160
              13 Insignia SC 2.0D 130
              17 Insigna Sri 1.6D 136
              21Insignia Sri 2.0D 174
              And on the side two Corsas a 93 and a 03 which I still have with 170k on the clock.
              All of the above were very reliable, better the devil you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeroid View Post
                My dad's first car was a 1968 Opel Kadett and got me interested in cars.Next a brand new 1974 Kadett C which I bent the chassis on a wet night following the circuit of Ireland rally.When the car was repaired my dad threw me the keys, I never forgot that and I never crashed again. A 78 C then the Kadett D a great car at the time , front wheel drive and more powerful engines than the equivalent Ford's.
                My first car was a 1976 Opel Kadett city in signal green, it was four years old. Next the new cars,
                89 Kadett D 1.4S
                92 Astra
                95 Astra
                98 Astra
                00 Astra
                03 Astra
                05 Astra GTC 1.6
                09 Insignia 2.0 D 160
                13 Insignia SC 2.0D 130
                17 Insigna Sri 1.6D 136
                21Insignia Sri 2.0D 174
                And on the side two Corsas a 93 and a 03 which I still have with 170k on the clock.
                All of the above were very reliable, better the devil you know.
                That is a great list of Opel's

Yes i say Opel cuz i'm a swed

Comment

Originally posted by Opelduude View Post
                  My father always had one.
                  They depreciate in value very fast here in Norway so an Insignia Country Tourer is around 10-12 thousand pound cheaper than a Skoda, VW, Volvo and Audi with 4x4.
                  The parts used to be cheap before but now the imports and service have been taken over by one of the biggest car companies in Norway. The parts have doubled in price the last 2 years.
                  Easy to get parts since the Fiat diesel engine has been used for over 10 years.
                  Bilar är sjukt dyra i Norge? Polaren fick ju betala mer i 'engangsavgift' i Narvik än vad hela passaten kostade ut här i Kiruna?

Comment

They are all Opels.

Comment

Always had Vauxhall’s from my 1st car HA viva SL90 with the odd ford/Peugeot thrown in
                      currently on a insignia 2.0d bit of a basic one but has Bluetooth phone connection factory fitted and 30 pounds road tax we also have a Astra 1.4 sport

Comment

Originally posted by c20let2k View Post

Bilar är sjukt dyra i Norge? Polaren fick ju betala mer i 'engangsavgift' i Narvik än vad hela passaten kostade ut här i Kiruna?
                        Jepp. Insignia 2022 modell. Sverige vs Norge.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The reason I drive a vauxhall is because they always fit into my budget in a sense, you can get a fair bit for your money, I could have brought an BMW or Audi for my budget but then I'd have gotten an older car with maybe a few more miles on it and repair costs are crazy, or.. gotten a vw golf or something that's alot newer with less miles on the clock but realistically you dont get much in them unless your going after a top range model, I just brought my insignia and it has loads of tech inside, looks great and drives superb,

Saying that, I first really starting loving vauxhall cars when I had my 2010 astra j, loved that car until the gearbox died and unfortunately I couldn't afford to repair it so I sold it, otherwise id kept it for years, I had a few cars in between but but missed all the extra bits, now I'm back and loving my my insignia.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Comment

Had 3 Vauxhalls now, amongst assorted Austin, Rover, Volvo, Honda, Nissan, Citroen, Renault, Ford...

1991 Calibra 4x4 16V

1995 Omega 2.5 V6 CD saloon

2012 Insignia 2.0 CDTi Elite Nav tourer

All three cars have been great, but I had a real soft spot for the Calibra - a (very rare now) non-turbo 4x4 in star silver... had it for 3 years before it was stolen off the driveway.

My old dad is 87 and still drives his mk3 Astra daily.

Comment

I drive a Vauxhall because of the value for money.. for the price I paid for my Insignia I’d have been looking at a lot worse spec/ fairly older BMW/ Audi which I originally wanted and then decided I wanted a Mondeo instead, couldn’t find the right spec Mondeo for my price range but found my insignia for £500 less than the insurance/ finance company value it at so couldn’t say no really! It is my second Vauxhall though having previously owned a 69 plate Corsa Griffin which I loved because of the spec!

Ive owned 6 cars in total.. two being Vauxhall’s
                              1989 Volkswagen Polo 1.3 Breadvan
                              2002 Peugeot 206 (had two gearboxes in my ownership)
                              2014 Fiat 500 1.2 Sport
                              2019 Vauxhall Corsa Griffin
                              2004 Volkswagen Passat PD130 Highline
                              2014 Vauxhall Insignia EcoFlex Tech-Line (current car and by far my favourite)

Comment

Working...
                              X