Insignia B 2018 to 2020 Recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia B 2018 to 2020 Recall

Had the following through the post today about an urgent recall for 2018 to 2020 Insignia B’s relating to braking performance. Click image for larger version

Name:	A1E466E8-9393-40BD-A50F-16EC09F87648.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	338992
    Attached Files

Got one too. Car is booked in. I hate it going to the dealer but no choice I suppose!

Comment

Mines going next week. They did remind me to bring all keys as reprogramming might cause the keys to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
        Mines going next week. They did remind me to bring all keys as reprogramming might cause the keys to be forgotten.
        I'll take my spare key just incase then!

Would be nice if they gave a free map update and unlocked the digi dash.....but I suspect they will more likely tell me there's some stored codes that only show up on a vauxhall dealers diagnostic tool and that'll be a few hundred thankyou!

Comment

I'm guessing they identified the cars via vin, because mine was built and registered in 2017. It was first registered on 18 Dec 2017 though I know the new model years come out towards the end of the year.

Comment

Last time I took a car to our local dealer for a recall it was the wife’s Corsa a few years ago….ended with them ignoring instructions to call me and called my wife 3 hours late to say the car was unroadworthy due to tyres needing replacing only for it to pass its MOT the following day!

I’ll have to use them again for this one and hopefully come out with just the recall being done! I need to book the Corsa-e in for a service as well which will be painful….most of the dealers don’t even know what the service schedule is let alone what you do whilst our local dealer has one trained technician!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post

I'll take my spare key just incase then!

Would be nice if they gave a free map update and unlocked the digi dash.....but I suspect they will more likely tell me there's some stored codes that only show up on a vauxhall dealers diagnostic tool and that'll be a few hundred thankyou!
              There is no real map update for ours, only to a 2019 map. Kind of ridiculous to have only one map update made, might be because the Navi unit was changed in the 2019 model.

Comment

I haven't had anything so far. My local dealer is miles away these days because my local one closed when covid was at it's peak. Not looking forward to it going to the dealer. Havent used them in a couple of years.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Came home to the letter last night. I'll book it in today. I'll tell them I'll wait for it. If I can't, it's not getting done. I've had no problem in 5 years.
                  marko301
                  Ultimate God
                  Last edited by marko301; 18-11-2022, 09:16 AM.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Got mine,need to book it in
                    2018 Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer Nav Bluemotion 2.0 Diesel(170ps)in Silver-Keyless entry and start -20" alloy wheels-Front fog lights-Rear privacy glass-Ambient interior led lighting-Full leather seats with Winter pack-Front and rear parking assist with Rear camera-Active emergency braking-Forward collision assist-Front pedestrian alert-Traffic sign recognition-Lane keep assist-Adaptive Cruise control-Speed warning and limiter-Voice recognition-Bluetooth-Dual zone climate control-Front and rear electric windows-High beam assist -Auto lights-Auto wipers-8”Colour touchscreen Navi 900 with DAB+-Heko Wind-deflectors.

Comment

Just got the update, I didn't check if other modules were updated as well. Took about 45 minutes. Didn't noticed anything different to the car.

Comment

Phoned Picadors at Chandlers Ford today (local stealers) they are only taking bookings for this towards Jan at the moment, asked them can this be done when MOT and Service is due in Feb.... yes of course was the reply! gonna save us all a lot of time!

Comment

I checked the update date of the engine ECU, that one was not updated together with the brake computer, so I guess they only update the brake one.
                          I combined it with the change to winter wheels so hopefully I don't need to go back again this year.

Comment

Popped into the local dealers on the way home last night to book in, not phoning as you get routed to their call centre up in the North East who are crap and even the dealers hate having to deal with them. Mentioned the recall and they were fully aware of it but couldnt book me in as all their systems were down so got to call back in today to sort it!

Comment

Mine's booked in for next Monday.

Comment

Working...
                              X