Rear toe link recall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Felix View Post

Thanks, will give it a try, surprisingly difficult to find a Vauxhall email contact anyway! You can call or write (old school paper and pen) to a dealer but a lot don't seem to have email address contact! Horrific for this day and age but I guess if they had an email address it would be flooded with queries daily
    An email would go under the radar more often than not, it would be like waiting for a call back from them. You’d be forgotten about until that one time your phoning to chase them up and you actually get through to someone

Comment

• Or just turn up at the Dealer service reception and ask about the recall,they will know about it.
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

• Originally posted by Howy View Post
        Or just turn up at the Dealer service reception and ask about the recall,they will know about it.
        I will do, according to the gov website my car is outstanding for the recall. I'll look up the most local dealer and just drop by. I haven't been in a new Vauxhall dealership since 1994 when I was browsing through brochures for the "new" Omega

Comment

• Believe me when my Volvo had a recall ,I had to go to the dealership,I was greeted as soon as a fell through the door by a receptionist who basically asked me the nature of my visit.before I could go anywhere. And she told me where to go .it felt like I had gate crashed a wife swapping party .i did get offered to make a coffee but had to sit in a special seat for "non paying phenomenon people who's cars in for a recall and a free safety check " .
          just don't get roped in to buying an electric scooter on a 5 year lease deal and they thrown in a free wall charger as long as its a foot from the consumer unit .at £850 a month 0% inches and a tittyw@nk with Samantha from admin who dolls herself up like a Christmas tree, spends all day on tick-tock as an inflatable who has F-all to do all day apart from slag off customers behind there back and flirt with "Dave " the master technician and make crude remarks about the size of his snap-on 24" breaker bar with a wobbly end ,and laugh like a Pony on helium!

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

• Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
            Believe me when my Volvo had a recall ,I had to go to the dealership,I was greeted as soon as a fell through the door by a receptionist who basically asked me the nature of my visit.before I could go anywhere. And she told me where to go .it felt like I had gate crashed a wife swapping party .i did get offered to make a coffee but had to sit in a special seat for "non paying phenomenon people who's cars in for a recall and a free safety check " .
            just don't get roped in to buying an electric scooter on a 5 year lease deal and they thrown in a free wall charger as long as its a foot from the consumer unit .at £850 a month 0% inches and a tittyw@nk with Samantha from admin who dolls herself up like a Christmas tree, spends all day on tick-tock as an inflatable who has F-all to do all day apart from slag off customers behind there back and flirt with "Dave " the master technician and make crude remarks about the size of his snap-on 24" breaker bar with a wobbly end ,and laugh like a Pony on helium!
            You've been to Pentagon Vauxhall then ??
            Chris

Comment

• Right quick update - managed to find a main dealers email address, mailed them over a week ago, of course they have not got back to me. Also have not had time to drop by a main dealer in person yet, so today I just had a better look under the car, jacked it up and would you believe it - the toe links look brand new (shiny black paint as opposed to other suspension parts which are a little brown with rust but nothing really bad) so I take it they must have been changed just before I bought the car (either by recall or someone paid to change them)

I have not received the letter either, but on the gov website my car still says outstanding but I bet they have just not updated the database with all cars that have been fixed yet, or like I said maybe they were paid for by previous owner to be fixed (before he knew about recall) and not recorded as recall work.

Comment

• Just to share my experience with this so far. Only found out about the recall when checking the MOT history after buying the car and noticed there was an outstanding recall at the bottom. Previous owner didn't get any letters (they had the car since 2021) Called my local Pentagon dealer at the start of Feb where I booked it in for this morning. Dropped it off for it's inspection, which took about hour and a half. Picked the car up and they said they'll ring back once the parts are ready to arrange getting it fitted.

I did double check mine when I found out about the recall and they looked ok couldn't see any obvious corrosion.

EDIT: Had a call from Pentagon yesterday (06/03) car is booked in for early may. Said they'll need the car for the full day. Will post back once it's done!

Comment

• I finally received the letter from Vauxhall about this as well. Booked in to get done even though as mentioned before I think it has been done (they said they would change them anyway). As it turns out my rear tyres are wearing unevenly so if it was done before they didn't set the tracking! If Vauxhall do not do it this time (I'll ask) just gonna have to get that 4 wheel alignment done after the new links are fitted!

Comment

I finally received the letter from Vauxhall about this as well. Booked in to get done even though as mentioned before I think it has been done (they said they would change them anyway). As it turns out my rear tyres are wearing unevenly so if it was done before they didn't set the tracking! If Vauxhall do not do it this time (I'll ask) just gonna have to get that 4 wheel alignment done after the new links are fitted!
                    Post #83,doubt they will do it,they say they have!!!
                    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

• Just picked mine up from Vauxhall this morning. All done! Dropped it off yesterday at 9am, said it should be ready at 3ish same day, but got just before the closed saying they'll need it a bit longer to do the alignment. Got a call 10am this morning saying it was ready. It's due some new tyres on the front soon, so I'll check the alignment then. I did mention alignment every time I spoke to them so hopefully they've done it, but we'll see!

Comment

• Right got mine checked and they have been done before so no work required. They were quite pleasant with me and even gave my car a wash and commented on how good it was for 11 years old and passed a free "health check" ! And they never even tried to sell me an electric Corsa

But, at my last MOT the rear tyres were wearing unevenly, so I need a four wheel alignment! Whoever done them before I got the car last year obviously didn't set it.

Best price I can get for four wheel alignment is £75 at a Halfords auto center, I'm guessing thats as good as its gonna get, unless anyone knows anywhere cheaper (central Scotland area) ?

Comment

Right got mine checked and they have been done before so no work required. They were quite pleasant with me and even gave my car a wash and commented on how good it was for 11 years old and passed a free "health check" ! And they never even tried to sell me an electric Corsa

But, at my last MOT the rear tyres were wearing unevenly, so I need a four wheel alignment! Whoever done them before I got the car last year obviously didn't set it.

Best price I can get for four wheel alignment is £75 at a Halfords auto center, I'm guessing thats as good as its gonna get, unless anyone knows anywhere cheaper (central Scotland area) ?
                          Which area of central Scotland tho?

Comment

• Glasgow, east end

Comment

Glasgow, east end
                              Ahh right.

Parkheed etc......or further east?

Comment

• Parkheed indeed. But can travel (I'm usually up and down the motorways between Glasgow / Stirling) if there is a significant saving on wheels alignment nearby those areas.

I'm happy to pay £75 (they all seem to be there abouts that price in the usual places (halfords, kwik fit, etc)) but just cannot be arsed with any additional costs or hidden adjustment costs etc etc or lies they tell me when I know the car is otherwise perfect!

My local tyre guy I've used for years only does two wheel front alignment. Heard someone speak to him a while back about why and he said its because he did used to do it but the four wheel alignment machines cost a fortune, and the return isn't always there, plus he was sick of customers coming back blaming him for uneven tyre wear when it could be suspension or other damage that they themselves actually did!

Considering I've had the recon gearbox and those rear tow links were replaced at some point, that along with a slight wobble @ 70 mph and the fact my rear tyres wore early, its definitely worth doing on mine even if I have to bite the bullet and go to the usual suspects. At-least mines being a pre-facelift 2013 I certainly wont need that ADAS system calibrated like the other member on here was saying earlier as I don't think I have any fancy electronics that need it. But a proper four wheel alignment is long overdue for my car considering all the work that has been done.

Comment

Working...
                                X