How Long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long

How long is the exhaust on these motors expected to last. Motors 10 years old this year and still on the orridginal and still sound.

Will fit its second Cam belt this year. Might get a third one in before I need a new exhuast

Motor only covered 83000 miles.

Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

That's it now you've jinxed it!!!!
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I drove mines from about 100.000 to over 200.000 without changing it. I doubt it was ever changed before by previous owners.

Comment

duno, will it not depend if its diesel or petrol and how its driven e.g short runs no time to warm up and clear condensation ( which is what will kill mine ) long motorway miles good ? as the usually rot from inside out , i am only on 4 years looks good on out side but inside who knows ?

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
          That's it now you've jinxed it!!!!
          Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

350.000 miles is the most I've got out of a diesel exhaust system and only then the brackets fell off ,
            though not to get too intricate
            the composition of diesel exhaust gases are 1) carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide; (2) nitrogen oxides; (3) sulfur oxides; (4) hydrocarbons; (5) unburned carbon particles (soot); and (6) water
            Though the water content in diesel exhaust is less than in a comparable petrol engine.
            when the catalytic converter was first introduced on the Volvo 940 ,quite a few occasions if the tail pipe was lower than the centre line of the rear silencer ,and you "floored the throttle " you could remake a scene from a batman movie and "fog " out the car behind.

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
            X