Preparing to order a 2014MY for delivery on 01 March 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparing to order a 2014MY for delivery on 01 March 2014

Front and Rear Parking Sensors / Advance Park Assist (mis-print in brochure)

Rear-view Camera / Park and Go Pack (mis-print in brochure)

What are the brochure misprints? Advance park assist is different to just having the sensors as the assist provides steering instructions etc.

As I understand Park & Go does not come with the rear view camera, it is a separate option that requires the rear view camera but I note on the configurator you can select Park & Go (even though you can't select the camera) plus P&G also includes side blind spot alert.
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Park & Go is a separate option though
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I think if you have been quoted ?27583 then this seems an excellent price. Even Buyacar is about ?1k higher, but that is with the 19" wheels and transporter delivery

Comment

m8internet, on 19 November 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:
        That quote is from Buyacar, but there is no way I would use them (given recent reviews)

Where are the recent poor reviews? I could not find any recent bad ones when placing my order in July hence why I went with them. Hopefully my order will not end in tears but I have certainly have had a bad experience thus far, to the extent I have now contacted Duncan Aldred at Vauxhall UK who now has his executive team investigating. I just find it unbelievable that a new vehicle can pass quality inspections at the factory and then when being scrutinised when in the UK a "major electrical fault is found and the vehicle rejected". Something just doesn't add up. If it does go belly up, at least it will be a big warning to anyone else on here contemplating even using Buyacar!

Comment

procastination is the thief of time............

Comment

it would appear VX are making some spec changes again in January. Dropping the rear view camera and increasing the cost of keyless entry by ?200

Comment

it would appear VX are making some spec changes again in January. Dropping the rear view camera and increasing the cost of keyless entry by ?200

Comment

The standalone rear camera option dropped

Comment

lovely looking car that is,where has the chrome gone from around the windows ?

Comment

Looks good. Definitely a good choice getting the adaptive cruise control to get that grill, even if I like the normal chrome one too!

Bit confused by your comment about needing to engage the clutch before starting the engine as I don't think that is anything new - my 59 Elite is the same.

Comment

TPMS will learn the new pressures over 20 minutes or so. The way TPMS works is by looking out for variation of one tyre compared to the rest so as long as you increase all of them it won't flag up anything!

Comment

Looks like they are all Elite models, black one with the standard wheels, red & white with 20" option. That is why they all have chrome.

The black model has AFL so I would say more likely to be an Elite than an SRI with AFL fitted as an option

Comment

I look at the headlamp washers for AFL plus the indicator under the headlamp. Normal headlights have a different indicator which is on the inside of the lamp towards the grill, the AFL indicators are under the lamp towards the grill

Comment

m8internet, on 06 March 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:
                            I am having terrible difficulty telling a standard from AFL, from the front (obviously)

What is the obvious difference?

On the pre facelift the AFLs had the "Terminator" eyeball, not sure on the new mark

Comment

The thing i find annoying is the start-stop.??When i pull up at my driveway and stop, put the car in neutral, the engine stops. But when i open the door to open the gate, the engine starts up again!??????I do like the boot though, you drop the boot and it gentyly pulls it closed - neat! No more slamming the boot

Comment

Working...
                              X