Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parcel shelf rattling

JDR, on 23 November 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:
    There are quite a few threads around regarding the shelf most recommend the same thing which is get some of the pads from the link below and stick a couple along the shelf ledges, I put two on each side, rattle gone />

I also cut them square so they fit perfectly and look like they should be there rather than something randomly stuck on.

http://www.amazon.co...words=felt pads

Can get pretty much the same thing for ?1 in tesco I you're going there anyway.

This shelf rattling malarky is an utter pain in the arse, how could vauxhall release a car with this problem, as they do it from new.....R&D dept day off was it??

Comment

Does anyone have an actual picture of where these go to stop the rattle ?

Mine is doing my head in so I want to be sure they are in the right place to stop the rattle.

Comment

Proz, on 24 November 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:
        Does anyone have an actual picture of where these go to stop the rattle ?

Mine is doing my head in so I want to be sure they are in the right place to stop the rattle.

so would i
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I thought that but just want to be sure ...

Comment

must do mine this weekend gets on my tits
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I sorted mine using these oval shaped foam pads, that i've had in my toolbox for donkeys years....you know when you keep something and know it'll come in useful one day, well, they have!!

They dont look as obvious as they do in these pics, the flash picked them up more!

Sorted

Comment

I stuck 2 strips of that self adhesive draught excluder on works a treat

Comment

I must be the only one with a rattle free car!

Comment

Unilateral, on 11 December 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:
                    I must be the only one with a rattle free car!

Nope,two, the only rattle I get is when the wife's in the passenger seat,

Red button on the gear stick,hmm
                    sigpic

Comment

I know that feeling!

Comment

I've got a rattle in my door I think. All others seem sorted

Comment

Turning round the rubbers didn't work for me. They are longer and it did quieten it down but didn't solve it completely until I got the foam pads.

Comment

jondem, on 11 December 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:
                            just turn the rubber grommits/stops the rubber bit that meets the shelf on the tailgate door/hatch as they are longer and that will solve the problem. Pull them out and you will notice there is a long end and a short end leave the long end showing and job done

I tried that and it made no difference, my grommets are the same size when turned,

Comment

G8pcw, on 25 March 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:
                              Afternoon all,

I've had my siggy for about 10 days now and the rattle from the parcel shelf has been driving me mental. I figured it was just mine but having found this thread, I'll be sorting it this weekend!

Cheers

Pete

Don't wait until the weekend, the sweet relief from not having a parcel shelf banging around is worth the 30 seconds (literally) it will take to turn round the rubber bungs.

Lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X