Electric Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sriray View Post
    So many hybrid variation available, dont get confused a hybrid vehicle is all the same. I be interested in the Plug In Hybrid.
    https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...rids-explained
    Yep PHEV (plug in etc) is where we would be looking. Has a 30/40 mile range on electric that can be used for shorter journeys and things.

Comment

Hi
      phev have got a shorter range compared to full electric however don't forget phev recoup charge through the regenerative brakes system it really does change your driving style but in a good way not so much that you annoy people if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by The black one View Post
        Hi
        phev have got a shorter range compared to full electric however don't forget phev recoup charge through the regenerative brakes system it really does change your driving style but in a good way not so much that you annoy people if you know what I mean.
        Yep, but the 30/40 miles some do on electric would be fine for short town journeys etc rather than stop
        start driving on the ICE engine which is generally the worst for consumption.

The full electric corsa we had on extended test did the regenerative braking as well as when you lift off down hill etc. Did work well to add charge I found and the only bit you needed to consider was that as you lifted off you stopped quicker so had to find how to judge that.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post

Yep, but the 30/40 miles some do on electric would be fine for short town journeys
          Bang on it is a smooth transition for us before going to full electric. The full ev are not ready yet over here in the western world.

West vs East

Cheap town/city car

Comment

Bang on it is a smooth transition for us before going to full electric. The full ev are not ready yet over here in the western world.

Cheap town/city car
            That's terrible....looks like a cardboard box on wheels.

Why are they feeling the need to make these electric cars odd shapes?

I think they're taking their ideas from these sci fi films. That's like the taxi on mars in Total Recall.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post

That's terrible....looks like a cardboard box on wheels.

Why are they feeling the need to make these electric cars odd shapes?
              I understand the looks does not appeal to some people. But having those is better than using public transport

The idea came from Japanese Kei Cars
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kei_car

Comment

I think they're taking their ideas from these sci fi films. That's like the taxi on mars in Total Recall.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Johnnycab_03.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	302318

Comment

I understand the looks does not appeal to some people. But having those is better than using public transport

The idea came from Japanese Kei Cars
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kei_car
                  Yeah I see where that one comes from. But in general most are crap shapes. I want all new existing models to have an electric version. VX gave done a few but why not an Insignia?
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Comment

Yeah I see where that one comes from. But in general most are crap shapes. I want all new existing models to have an electric version. VX gave done a few but why not an Insignia?
                    Give it time. The Insignia might not be around. They might phase it out. Just like the Carlton, Omega, Vectra.

Comment

]
                      I think its fine going full EV for a second car that will be used in the main for shorter journeys which is the position we are in. I wouldnt want to be going full electric on both cars as yet doing longer journeys. For example we have in the past driven to the south of france....i'd hate to try and organise that with an electric car with wife, child and dog in tow!!

Comment

Part of the reason the Corsa-e appealed to us, it looks like a normal Corsa but designed with being electric in mind. There have been a few like the e-Golf before but they've just had batteries chucked in as an afterthought and struggled because of it. However many makers seem to think because its electric it has to look strange either in full or with weird wheels etc and that shouldnt be the case. That or its a massive SUV style which not everyone wants.

Vauxhall so far with the electric Corsa and Mokka have designed both to have an electric option but in both cases that option looks barely any different to the petrol\diesel ones and seems they will follow the same path with the Astra that some initial shots of were released yesterday.

Ford could do with pulling their finger out to bring along an electric Fiesta/Focus rather than just have the Mach-E...saw one the other day and its a big car.

Comment

Working...
                        X