Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to find the breather me thinks.

Comment

Crankcase breather is the one I'd be looking at first, common for gunking up on the DCI.

Comment

Up to now I have found breather via rocker cover via vacuum valve (round clip on disk on photo 1) the flow is as photo 2 (hoping it is readable) have you any knowledge of if its something I could pop the cap off and clean I don't want to take it apart and then find i need get new one as need car running next week while mrs car goes into paint shop?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	air in .jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	244603
        Click image for larger version

Name:	oil vapour.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	244604

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
          Up to now I have found breather via rocker cover via vacuum valve (round clip on disk on photo 1) the flow is as photo 2 (hoping it is readable) have you any knowledge of if its something I could pop the cap off and clean I don't want to take it apart and then find i need get new one as need car running next week while mrs car goes into paint shop?
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]3686[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]3687[/ATTACH]
          The diaphragm can be removed mate just ensure it located in same place when building back together

Comment

Thanks Alex will have look under there tomorrow

Comment

Failing that a soak in some petrol should do the job.
              Follow pipe work down and there should be a hose where a gauze should be.

Comment

The hose just t's int pipe "out from filter box to in on turbo", unless i'm missing something it seems that any oil mist that is in air being breathed via rocker cover is sucked straight into turbo!

Comment

The hose just t's int pipe "out from filter box to in on turbo", unless i'm missing something it seems that any oil mist that is in air being breathed via rocker cover is sucked straight into turbo!
                  After check photo 2 again!
                  Yeah that's correct. updated design by the looks of it.

Comment

checked the vacuum valve today and nothing looks to bad there, I think i might fit a catch can in the hope it will stop any oil going into turbo inlet which has got to be better. But also seen these filters but not having seen them before wondering if its an option to fit one to rocker breather hole and blank the inlet to air inlet totally so there is no oil going to air in on turbo so no need to fit catch can. Any Thoughts?

Comment

checked the vacuum valve today and nothing looks to bad there, I think i might fit a catch can in the hope it will stop any oil going into turbo inlet which has got to be better. But also seen these filters but not having seen them before wondering if its an option to fit one to rocker breather hole and blank the inlet to air inlet totally so there is no oil going to air in on turbo so no need to fit catch can. Any Thoughts?
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-O...7292%7Ciid%3A1
                      Could be an option, I'm quite shocked it's not got a crank breather though, finding any information on the modus is really hard tbh, seems that the Mégane 2 and the Clio 3 share the same engine if that helps location if any is fitted

Comment

How did you get on with it?

Comment

Hi Alex
                          I have not had chance to do any more since weekend with one ting or another need to get under and hopfully see it dry. I have been looking on internet and I suspect the filter is built into rocker cover as one section looks as if its glued in after. I have a catch can but in the pipe work where i thought i could fit it seems risky as its in the vacuum side so should it fill up it could suck the contents out into engine so nothing gained, I need to have second look at none vacume side which is only connected with hose about 35mm long, I have thought about just fitting second breather something like this (link below) on to oil filler tube/cap ect. or cuting rocker cover open to clean filter but need to find some glue that will reseal new rocker cover getting up to £100 and no point getting used it could be as bad i could try soaking cover in bath of petrol over night nut it would be nice to see the filter so i know its as clean as pos.

Comment

well its still got oil dripping from bottom of turbo but its not from inlet pipe!!.

Comment

Did you check oil feed pipe and return

Comment

its in such a position i cannot see it even tried endascope camara but its to dark, I have now got the correct EGR blanking plate so while fitting that will try again with some good lighting hanging from above. Was hoping to get turbo gasket set so I can take it off but they need numbers from small plate on turbo, problem is there stamped on to shiny plate which bounces flash on camera back and out of 6 different photos from different angles I cam make out 3 numbers. think drilling/grinding the rivet off with miniature modelling drill is the next move. Normally would pull it to pieces then order whats required but need to keep it on road as expecting paint shop to say they can fit mrs's car in any day so she will need it as I don't like her using insignia to do school run in sheffield (i don't want scuffed wheels).

Comment

Working...
                                X