Peugeot 108 battery light on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peugeot 108 battery light on

Hi my daughter has a Peugeot 108 64 plate 1.2 petrol and about a week ago the battery light and traction control light and tyre pressure warning lights came on. When I checked it the lights were off and with the engine running I was getting 14v.
    Today the battery light has came back on and appears to be staying on but still getting 14v at battery with the engine running.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

For what it's worth my first thought would be a dying battery. The 14v you're getting at the battery seems to indicate the alternator is charging the battery but the battery may not be holding the charge & some voltage sensitive systems are complaining, even if the car starts ok the battery may still be on its way out.

Comment

The indicator on the battery is still green?

Comment

Personally I wouldn't trust that indicator, I'd suggest taking advantage of a free battery check somewhere if they're doing them at this time, that's the only way to accurately tell, or if you're with a breakdown service get them to check, but if they say it's deffo a failing battery don't buy it from them, get it from EuroCarParts with a discount code, or GSF with a discount code.

Comment

Working...
        X