bloody fresheners..... Grrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bloody fresheners..... Grrrr

So the wife takes her car for a service, and upon completion they hang a nice new shiny freshener from her rear view mirror, ..bless 'em, although given the price of the service, i'd be asking for a box of them..

wife picks up the car, spots the freshener, and promptly removes it from the mirror, hangs it from the air vent......thinks no more about it.... jump to a few days of hot sunshine,she discovers the chemicals in the smelly have turned the front of her cd30 radio into a wrinkly mess..... (a nice circular wrinkly mess that perfectly matches the freshener)...

anyhoo... whilst perusing the webternet i find a second hand cd30 for a little over 30 beer tokens...nice find indeed..

so my question is this,
    Are all vauxhall radio's coded to the ECU ?
    or can i literally 'plug and play' with the replacement one? i know i'd need a pin unlock code and the seller may need to provide this before i pull the trigger,

thanks in advance folks

Chris

Do you need to replace the complete radio or just the fascia? If it's the fascia you should be able to just swap that. The radio bits unscrew/clip from it.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
      So the wife takes her car for a service, and upon completion they hang a nice new shiny freshener from her rear view mirror, ..bless 'em, although given the price of the service, i'd be asking for a box of them..

wife picks up the car, spots the freshener, and promptly removes it from the mirror, hangs it from the air vent......thinks no more about it.... jump to a few days of hot sunshine,she discovers the chemicals in the smelly have turned the front of her cd30 radio into a wrinkly mess..... (a nice circular wrinkly mess that perfectly matches the freshener)...

anyhoo... whilst perusing the webternet i find a second hand cd30 for a little over 30 beer tokens...nice find indeed..

so my question is this,
      Are all vauxhall radio's coded to the ECU ?
      or can i literally 'plug and play' with the replacement one? i know i'd need a pin unlock code and the seller may need to provide this before i pull the trigger,

thanks in advance folks

The cd30 is coded to the screen.
      if you buy the unit, then you need to display from the same car.

It called a "married" unit.

Look for a cd30 that's broken/spares or repair.
      The facia is simple to remove and change over.

Comment

Remember though......if she has an astra, then it needs to be from the astra/zafira/meriva etc.....as these have a middle swedge.

The Vectra cd30 is a flat facia.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
          Do you need to replace the complete radio or just the fascia? If it's the fascia you should be able to just swap that. The radio bits unscrew/clip from it.
          it's just the fascia mate... the internals still work perfectly, here you go guys...the damage

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3924.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	264394
          Chris

Comment

it's just the fascia mate... the internals still work perfectly, here you go guys...the damage

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3924.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	264394
            That's not really noticeable if you don't look at it. If it's your wife's car it'll just match the corners of the bumpers.

Yeah I reckon you'll be able to just swap the front fascia.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post

That's not really noticeable if you don't look at it. If it's your wife's car it'll just match the corners of the bumpers.

Yeah I reckon you'll be able to just swap the front fascia.
                i did say 'just don't look at it'... 'and listen to what i keep telling you about putting air fresheners in your car'..... i'm not gonna repeat her reply ... but it did rhyme with 'cough'...
                Chris

Comment

excellent, any idea how to strip the fascia of it. ?

p.s. do you know if there are any differences between the delph / grundig and the Blaupunkt versions ?
                  Last edited by Langy; 15-08-2020, 04:44 PM.
                  Chris

Comment

excellent, any idea how to strip the fascia of it. ?

p.s. do you know if there are any differences between the delph and grundig versions ?
                    Yeah ....ones badged as grundig and the other Delphi..... exactly the same mate.

Remove the centre knob......cloth on the front, then a facia tool or plain screwdriver to prise it up and off.

At the sides, there are 4 small T10 or T15 tork.....2 either side on large gold clips.
                    Remove these.
                    The top n bottom of facia is held on with plastic clips....pull off.

That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Yeah ....ones badged as grundig and the other Delphi..... exactly the same mate.

Remove the centre knob......cloth on the front, then a facia tool or plain screwdriver to prise it up and off.

At the sides, there are 4 small T10 or T15 tork.....2 either side on large gold clips.
                      Remove these.

That's it.
                      many thanks mate...
                      Chris

Comment

many thanks mate...
                        Anytime bud

Comment

It's a good job the wife did it,now if it was you who put it there........................................
                          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Remove these.

That's it.
                            Great advice there , its what the forum is all about

Comment

Quick update,

Sorted this problem, thanks to the excellent advice on here.. however if anybody else has to do this, make sure that if possible you get an identical head unit to the one you already have fitted, (deplhi or grundig)...

The only difference i could find is that the CD guide slot 'just inside the head unit' differs between manufacturers, thus causing the CD player to start clicking and wiring when you attempt to play it, leading to a 'disc error' message popping up...(one make of slot wont fit onto another manufacturers unit, deplhi onto a grundig or vise versa)

However a quick fix is to use a soldering iron, (once you've got the face place off and stripped down) to heat up the 'thermal locking welds' on the slot, pop it of, and then swap it over to the originally fitted one.. a quick tickle with the previously mentioned soldering iron and bob's ya uncle.. all good.

So the wife has now toddled off to do the shopping whilst playing all manner of 'Erique Englasias' shite on her stereo with a smile on her face...and my brownie points are fully topped up..

Thanks again guys.
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X