No announcement yet.

Do we have any Astra-K owners on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have any Astra-K owners on here?

In case you dont know, Astra-K is the current shape Astra from 2015 onwards.

I have a few questions as im going to start looking into the replacing the wife's car (Astra-J) later in the year, so keen to do my research and get ahead of the game so I can narrow down my search.

Thanks.

My dad has a 2017 elite estate petrol auto (I think its a 1.5 150ps?) He's 90 and it's on motability so I have never driven it. He's about to change it for either another one or a Grandland.

Comment

Im just trying to understand what engine is better to go for?

We currently have a 2.0 CDTI 160, whilst having the power is great, its rarely used. Economy wise, yeh the Diesel is great, but again the amount it gets used doesnt warrant us having a Diesel for the wife.
      Im keen to see if the Petrol's are as econimical as an 11 Year old Diesel?

Also, the range of engines I have seen are the 1.0, 1.4i 16v and the 1.4 Turbo.

Which is the better one to go for?

is the 1.0 underpowered and troublesome?

Comment

Subject moved
        https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

Woops, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Vx-Man-G View Post
            Im just trying to understand what engine is better to go for?

We currently have a 2.0 CDTI 160, whilst having the power is great, its rarely used. Economy wise, yeh the Diesel is great, but again the amount it gets used doesnt warrant us having a Diesel for the wife.
            Im keen to see if the Petrol's are as econimical as an 11 Year old Diesel?

Also, the range of engines I have seen are the 1.0, 1.4i 16v and the 1.4 Turbo.

Which is the better one to go for?

is the 1.0 underpowered and troublesome?
            I had the 1.4 Turbo 125 hp Astra estate as temporary car, and it is slooooooow compared to my 170 hp diesel. I was constantly driving it full-throttle. So I would skip that engine (if that has been available in the UK).

Comment

Originally posted by Vx-Man-G View Post
              Woops, sorry.
              Tut tut G

https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

Hello Naughty Vac-man -G
                now I don't own a astra .
                but as an outsider
                Go petrol, 1.4 turbo
                Believe me my wife's got a 1.5 turbo its slow but not as slow as a non turboed car ,
                Bit more bottom end push.
                anyway
                I'll bow out and let you all get on with an interesting thread.
                keep up the good work everyone.
                And try to be polite !it doesn't hurt!

10-4

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post

I had the 1.4 Turbo 125 hp Astra estate as temporary car, and it is slooooooow compared to my 170 hp diesel. I was constantly driving it full-throttle. So I would skip that engine (if that has been available in the UK).
                  Thing is, I am the only one who gets use out of our 160bhp engine in the Atsra-J, wife's daily drive is just 3 miles to work and 3 miles from work, and the kiddy collection in between, as I was saying, there is no way in the world she gets or makes use of the full power.

She has previously had a 1.6 Astra-H Petrol and she was more than happy with that at the time, which is what made me think the 1.4 Turbo, the 1.4 for her tootling around and then the Turbo for when it needs a run, or if I get hold of it?

The 1.0 just doesnt sound like it should even be made, its a heavy car after all?

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                    And try to be polite !it doesn't hurt!
                    Would not have it any other way

Comment

Just asked my dad what the economy is like, he said it never moves off 43mpg, his car before this was the Insignia elite 163 diesel auto and it was slightly better and did 50mpg on a long run, though he doesn't do long runs these days. And its a 1.4 Turbo!
                      Last edited by Drew; 12-04-2021, 04:36 PM.

Comment

1.4T does sound like the right way to go, but need to so some more research I think.

Comment

Wife has a 1 ltr sri she loves it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

My eldest daughter has a 1.4 turbo petrol on a 16 plate and loves it I’ve drove it a few times got a bit of lift and is decent on fuel she doesn’t do a lot of miles in it but I’ll ask or check her mpg when she’s home.
                            The lights are rubbish but I fitted some led bulbs in it and that has made a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smig64 View Post
                              Wife has a 1 ltr sri she loves it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
                              Is that the straight 1.0 or is the Turbo?

Comment

Working...
                              X