Battery issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery issues.

Hi guys. I have a 2015 elite 2.0 tdci and it's been killing batteries. Fully charged brand new battery dead in 12 hours. Now I've had a new alternator and that's not worked the garage can't find any faults either. But now I've put a new battery in to try again and the temperature the cab temp I mean not engine temp has gone. Followed vauxhall batter procedure as always nothing shorted. Any help is appreciated thanks guys.

If you find someone with an electrical clamp meter, they should be able to measure the drain off the power lead from the battery,
    If you then start pulling fuses individually and replacing them, you will hopefully come across one that drop's the current on the meter.
    Then just have a look to see what it powers.
    Although i would have thought your Garage would have already done this

Comment

Originally posted by Fauxspider View Post
      Hi guys. I have a 2015 elite 2.0 tdci and it's been killing batteries. Fully charged brand new battery dead in 12 hours. Now I've had a new alternator and that's not worked the garage can't find any faults either. But now I've put a new battery in to try again and the temperature the cab temp I mean not engine temp has gone. Followed vauxhall batter procedure as always nothing shorted. Any help is appreciated thanks guys.
      The temp will come back after a bit of driving.

Have you noticed anything different. Is the car going to sleep OK? Steering wheel lights go off?

As mentioned above a drain test will help you pin point it. Make sure the belt is also on properly sometimes the tensioner doesn't do it's job.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Cheers gents I've just got home now I think my dad has a volt meter I'm gonna ring him now. Much appreciated all this really is!!

Comment

Working...
        X