• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
    What a cracking looking car .
    love the colour !
    Cheers buddy
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Nice car, I do like the 5-Series Touring. Good spec too.

Comment

Looks like a cracking big bus, hope you enjoy it!

I've currently got my heart set on a 218i M-Sport Coupe, but nothing much coming up locally. Plenty diesels about, but for the paltry mileage I do, I think buying into one of those would be a mistake.

Comment

That colour combo looks really good

I had a 3 series in the past, but the 5 is meant to be a big step up in build quality (and my 3 was great).

Comment

I came from a 520d F11 to the insignia. They are nice cars but in my opinion much better suited with the 6cyl engines. The colour combo on yours is spot on though. They handle very well too.

The upgraded sound system is a must because the standard system is dreadful.

Rear air suspension can fail but if its the airbags, they are simple to change and supprisingly inexpensive. Other parts can be eyewateringly expensive so just be aware.

They can also suffer from water ingress from the bulkhead which is a pain to sort (the yellow grommit) if it fails.

Timing Chains can fail thanks to BMWs stupid design too.

Overall though, you will love it. I just like my insignia better (weirdly).

Happy motoring

Comment

Hi Bigkev, what year was yours? Thanks for the heads up that's something I need to watch out for though I won't be parking it under any trees
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                Hi Bigkev, what year was yours? Thanks for the heads up that's something I need to watch out for though I won't be parking it under any trees
                Mine was a late 2011. They changed the engine late 2014 to the B47. Timing chain issues had just started to come through as they were getting older but not many reported to be fair. Just be mindful of it.

keep oil changes to every 6k too.

Comment

Have you got it yet Paul?
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Fridays the big day Dave. Should have been today but my lift let me down and they can't do tomorrow

Comment

Two 'sleeps' to go
                      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Just a little update. Picked the car up and am delighted with it , Lovely to drive, feels solid and well put together, no rattles or squeaks and very impressed with the fuel economy on the way back. Couple of small things I've noticed though that the dealer will need to sort when I can get it back to him next week. Some more pics for now, including a night shot with the lights on the door handles (which is a nice touch) that I never even knew about

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211119_150248_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.9 KB ID:	316686
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20211119_150256_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.1 KB ID:	316685
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20211119_150306_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.7 KB ID:	316684
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20211119_164146_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.8 KB ID:	316683
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Oooooooooooooo thats the Dogs Tally wackle.!

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Very nice motor
                              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                              X