Renault captur wipers won't stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renault captur wipers won't stop

Hi guys, looking for some help with my daughters renault captur, was struggling to start so I have replaced the stop start battery and replaced the battery monitoring sensor that sits on the negative terminal, the car now starts fine but the front wipers start and will not stop even with the key out and car locked, getting battery charging fault on the dash aswell, no codes on obd either, don't think it's the alternator as when I jumped the old battery the wipers still would not go off but the battery never died, all be it, it wouldn't start again without a jump. Any ideas would be great.

Also the running lights come on but there is no full beam.

Comment

Has this captu got auto wipers and lights?
      was everything ok before you jumped the car ?
      Could you of inadvertently spiked the bcm ?
      Have you checked all fuses?

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Lights are auto, wipers are not, things were fine before I jumped it, and I'm pretty sure the jump was fine, not sure what fuses to look at??

Comment

Is there a owners manual in the car ? Start there .

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

There's not a manual no, but I have found the fuse boxes and downloaded the layout, still not sure which ones to look at, as I thought that if the wiper fuse had blown they wouldn't work at all, as opposed to not turning off.

Comment

If the wipers are controlled by a relay, it could be faulty

Comment

If there's a fusebox under the bonnet I would be looking for water ingress or corrosion too in there, especially after the weather we have been having. When you see a car in flood water the wipers and lights are often going.

Comment

Thanks for help guys, had to get an auto electrician to have a look at it, a 15amp fuse was fried and a 5amp in the engine compartment somewhere was also fried. All good now, thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X