Audi A5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi A5

Look I know a while back I said I might get an Omega but... I'm just browsing and looking at summer fun options!! Does anyone on here know anything about Audi A5's? From what I read they are too good to be true - reliable, no known common faults. Gorgeous to look at in coupe form (which is what I want) Can be bought for less than 5 grand (early 2008 - 2011 cars)

Thinking of a 1.8 TFSi or 2.0 TDi, manual or auto I'm not too fussed. Anyone who has one or knows anything about them I'd appreciate an honest opinion...

Driven by women with bleached hair and go by the name of Samantha.
    And they have a job in marketing.
    But £5000 for a couple of months fun .
    I can have fun in the summer by wearing my wife's knickers and bras.
    And it's free

Sent from my Pixel Fold using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      Driven by women with bleached hair and go by the name of Samantha.
      And they have a job in marketing.
      But £5000 for a couple of months fun .
      I can have fun in the summer by wearing my wife's knickers and bras.
      And it's free

Sent from my Pixel Fold using Tapatalk
      I thought the bleached blonde hair drivers only drove Mercedes SLK's and Audi TT's

Comment

Anything German they drive and the indicators are removed including there sense of driving skills .
        are you actually going to buy one ?

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
          Anything German they drive and the indicators are removed including there sense of driving skills .
          are you actually going to buy one ?
          I'm certainly considering it. Looking at a 2011 A5, 1.8 TFSi coupe, 80k miles, full Audi history, only £4250 private sale. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

A friend of mine had an early 3.0 tdi nearly new, back when they were fresh. It was very rapid looked lovely but nothing but trouble by the time he got rid of it it had a dent just above the drivers door where he punched it out of frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
              A friend of mine had an early 3.0 tdi nearly new, back when they were fresh. It was very rapid looked lovely but nothing but trouble by the time he got rid of it it had a dent just above the drivers door where he punched it out of frustration.
              I'd avoid the bigger more complicated engines anyway. Heard there is even a V8 version! I bet that is fun to repair.

Still, its a great looking car the A5. Vauxhall should make a modern Calibra to compete with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post

I'd avoid the bigger more complicated engines anyway. Heard there is even a V8 version! I bet that is fun to repair.

Still, its a great looking car the A5. Vauxhall should make a modern Calibra to compete with it!
                I agree, lovely shape. The side profile always reminds me of the mk3 Cortina, they called the Coke bottle shape, like the latest Camero. Nice curves over the arches.

Comment

Right, went to see that A5, it was a heap of $h1t, very rough example, I did not purchase.

You know I think I'll just keep the Insignia, it is that good

No need for a second car. Just keep saving for my next car - which will almost certainly be an Insignia B in a couple of years time.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                    Right, went to see that A5, it was a heap of $h1t, very rough example, I did not purchase.

You know I think I'll just keep the Insignia, it is that good

No need for a second car. Just keep saving for my next car - which will almost certainly be an Insignia B in a couple of years time.
                    I absolutely love my Insignia b. You won't go wrong.
                    When I was looking to change from my Insignia A I looked at BMW 5 series, Merc E class and Jaguar XF all in estate and all around the same power with sporty kit and auto. The Jag was closest to what I wanted, I hadn't considered Vauxhall I thought I would go upmarket. Then I looked at the Insignia and it ticked all the right boxes and was around £8k cheaper than the Jag. I keep a close eye on Auto Trader prices and for my mileage I would have by now lost around £11-12k on the Jag and only £8k on my Vauxhall and I dare bet the Jag would have been back to the dealer more...

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post

I absolutely love my Insignia b. You won't go wrong.
                      When I was looking to change from my Insignia A I looked at BMW 5 series, Merc E class and Jaguar XF all in estate and all around the same power with sporty kit and auto. The Jag was closest to what I wanted, I hadn't considered Vauxhall I thought I would go upmarket. Then I looked at the Insignia and it ticked all the right boxes and was around £8k cheaper than the Jag. I keep a close eye on Auto Trader prices and for my mileage I would have by now lost around £11-12k on the Jag and only £8k on my Vauxhall and I dare bet the Jag would have been back to the dealer more...
                      Thanks, yes I really like the newer Insignia, most likely will be a 1.5 SRi preferably with an automatic in black vx line trim

Comment

Working...
                      X