Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone install Android head units?

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone here installs Android head units into a 64 plate Insignia ?
    I'm looking to buy a Joying.
    I'm near south shields, but can travel of course

Cheers

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. To keep things tidy on the forum please do not do multiple posts for the same thing. Please keep to one thread
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
      Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. To keep things tidy on the forum please do not do multiple posts for the same thing. Please keep to one thread
      Ah ok, sorry. I didn't see it as a double post, as one is asking for advice and the other about installers.

Comment

It's certainly something you can do all by yourself without much issue.

With many guides to go with. I have a teyes unit however joying are also very good if you can get one for your insignia.

Just to clarify joying don't do a unit for our insignia only a Universal unit so I would personally avoid.

They do several units ranging from the the x1, spro plus cc2+ and cc3 and a Tesla style
        I would avoid the x1 and the Tesla style as there processors are very weak and you will certainly see that in day to day use. I would also try and get as much ram as you can.

I personally have the cc2+ unit with 6gb of ram. I'm also using the dark cc3 rom on it. However if given the option I would just buy the cc3.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
          It's certainly something you can do all by yourself without much issue.

With many guides to go with. I have a teyes unit however joying are also very good if you can get one for your insignia.

Just to clarify joying don't do a unit for our insignia only a Universal unit so I would personally avoid.

They do several units ranging from the the x1, spro plus cc2+ and cc3 and a Tesla style
          I would avoid the x1 and the Tesla style as there processors are very weak and you will certainly see that in day to day use. I would also try and get as much ram as you can.

I personally have the cc2+ unit with 6gb of ram. I'm also using the dark cc3 rom on it. However if given the option I would just buy the cc3.
          Ah nice mate. This is exactly the type of info I was looking for.
          Are you able to install APK's (via USB or direct download)?

I have been looking at this one https://a.aliexpress.com/_mr9fbzK but the one you linked looks less "intrusive" if you get what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by dave_jee View Post

Ah nice mate. This is exactly the type of info I was looking for.
            Are you able to install APK's (via USB or direct download)?

I have been looking at this one https://a.aliexpress.com/_mr9fbzK but the one you linked looks less "intrusive" if you get what I mean.
            Yeah each to one own. They have a bigger screen but a lower resolution than the 10 inch ones.

Yeah you can easily. Just as simple as copying the file over and installing I use a WiFi transfer app to do it. Super quick.i have vanced on mine so when parked up I can watch videos and such. Heck I've even had documentaries running in the background and it's worked great.

Comment

Yeah each to one own. They have a bigger screen but a lower resolution than the 10 inch ones.

Yeah you can easily. Just as simple as copying the file over and installing I use a WiFi transfer app to do it. Super quick.i have vanced on mine so when parked up I can watch videos and such. Heck I've even had documentaries running in the background and it's worked great.
              Ah nice. When I said it seemed less intrusive, I meant in a good way, less to take apart to get it installed.
              Does it come with the indicator speaker ? Also, steering wheel control ? I read that steering control can cause battery drains ?

I use Vanced and also xManager for Spotify. Those and Waze are my main reason for getting it.

Comment

Ah nice. When I said it seemed less intrusive, I meant in a good way, less to take apart to get it installed.
                Does it come with the indicator speaker ? Also, steering wheel control ? I read that steering control can cause battery drains ?

I use Vanced and also xManager for Spotify. Those and Waze are my main reason for getting it.
                Can't see them being much different tbh.

You would have to remove the old headunit display and with that the frame.

Swap over the vent and screw them into the new frame. Go back to the car and look under the steering where cubby and remove it. Behind that there's a radio unit in which the android headunit will get it's power.

Connect the connector's and that will provide power.

Then the radio (I do find however the signal is poor and avoid).

Then fit the GPS, WiFi attenas and the bamf of wiring for the can bus adapter.

Steering wheel drain was on the older units and how they linked up. The teyes unit I had basicly replaced the steering wheel column cable and then had a part of it that went into the headunit. Never had a issue and I've had it in for over a year now.

​​​​​​​They come with a speaker however they sound far from the best ha

​​​​​

Comment

Can't see them being much different tbh.

You would have to remove the old headunit display and with that the frame.

Swap over the vent and screw them into the new frame. Go back to the car and look under the steering where cubby and remove it. Behind that there's a radio unit in which the android headunit will get it's power.

Connect the connector's and that will provide power.

Then the radio (I do find however the signal is poor and avoid).

Then fit the GPS, WiFi attenas and the bamf of wiring for the can bus adapter.

Steering wheel drain was on the older units and how they linked up. The teyes unit I had basicly replaced the steering wheel column cable and then had a part of it that went into the headunit. Never had a issue and I've had it in for over a year now.

​​​​​​​They come with a speaker however they sound far from the best ha

​​​​​
                  Nice one. I was about to order but got a strange reply from Teyes AliExpress .. steering isnt compatible with right hand drive ? I asked them to confirm, but nothing yet. I guess I can live without that.

Hi, I am just checking that this unit support steering wheel control ? Thanks
                  Read
                  04:56

Hello! Yes, but if you have RHD car, unfortunately we don`t connect it.

Comment

Nice one. I was about to order but got a strange reply from Teyes AliExpress .. steering isnt compatible with right hand drive ? I asked them to confirm, but nothing yet. I guess I can live without that.

Hi, I am just checking that this unit support steering wheel control ? Thanks
                    Read
                    04:56

Hello! Yes, but if you have RHD car, unfortunately we don`t connect it.
                    They are partly correct. They don't connect it you do ha.

Both myself and Morephun1979 have both managed to set up steering wheel controls without any drain.

You can see that the unit easily communicates with the car offering all the settings that the previous headunit and more.

​​​​​​​I'm happy to talk you through the install etc

Comment

They are partly correct. They don't connect it you do ha.

Both myself and Morephun1979 have both managed to set up steering wheel controls without any drain.

You can see that the unit easily communicates with the car offering all the settings that the previous headunit and more.

I'm happy to talk you through the install etc
                      Nice one mate. Im just gonna order now. Gonna get the 6/128.
                      I was on the Teyes website and they have the developer option codes too. Some companies dont even give them out.

Thanks for the offer of help, I reckon I will definitely need it. AliExpress say it'll arrive on 1st Feb.

I'll let you know how I get on.
                      Your replied have been very helpful

This was also an influence on swinging me over.. different car same unit

Comment

Im just looking for AliExpress promo codes first ha .. doubt I'll get owt

Comment

Been over a year aswell with my teyes unit connected to the steering controls and it's been fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Morephun1979 View Post
                            Been over a year aswell with my teyes unit connected to the steering controls and it's been fine for me.
                            Nice one. Ordered

Comment

Nice one. Ordered
                              Enjoy I'm rocking the cc2+ however android being android I'm running a ROM which is a straight port of the cc3 rom with all the goodies (minis gyro but not really bothered I just wanted the rear recording).

Ping us a message and we can talk you through installing it. Not sure what you would have paid as I ordered mine pre COVID and pre vat charges on Ali express. Didn't even end up paying tax on it as it was rooted via Norway.

I use the below camera to as it just replaced the licence plate light.

Smarter Shopping, Better Living! Aliexpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X