X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to have Regen LED fitted

Following on from this thread, which I think maybe beneficial for my car

https://insignia-drivers.uk/forum/co...ge4#post291264

I'm clueless when it comes to car mechanics, trust me, even if I attempted it, I'd do more harm than good, I don't mean to be cheeky, I'm just wondering if there's anyone in the Birmingham area willing to fit a Regen LED for me, I'd be willing to pay.

Excellent how to here

https://insignia-drivers.uk/forum/in...-light-install

Comment

Cheers gas man, as simple as it looks, it's not something I would attempt I'd struggle to change a plug

Comment

Originally posted by PNUT View Post
        Cheers gas man, as simple as it looks, it's not something I would attempt I'd struggle to change a plug
        As daunting as it may seem pal it's nots as hard as you would think, got to start somewhere. Give it ago, you'll suprise yourself

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes I know where you are coming from MR PNUT
          some people are ofay with the ins and outs of modern cars and there electrical systems.
          Some are not .
          And as you say you could cause more harm than good.
          At least you have the Balls to admit defeat.
          Id rather hear that it's been installed and working rather than a shout for help !
          Get it a bit in my trade we get these "qualified gas engineers " that have been through the companies vetting process and passed !
          Then they are sent out to work with us for a while
          I talk to them and ask what they know ,and basically its this
          They know how to install a combination boiler!
          Conventional-no
          System boiler-no
          Conversion-no
          System design-no
          Cylinder-no
          Low loss headers - what the hell is that
          Gravity-sticks us to the ground
          Basic plumbing-oooooooo don't get my hands dirty
          They scamper off and start installing on there own. And first job, first day and my phone goes off, its them " hello I've got a boiler thats on the floor with a massive exhaust pipe on it and 2 large pipes and 2 smaller ones never seen one before "
          my saying is you know what you know if not you either ask to learn or if you don't feel confident then ask for help .
          Don't be afraid of the latter
          That's what we are here for!

12-5677 lighthouse!

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks lizzard, I'm not a defeatist, but know my limitations and capability, suffering with MH issues doesn't help

Off topic, any admin viewing this thread, I've made a donation to the site, but the donated banner's not showing under my name, also, how many posts does a new member have to have before I can PM? (I'm unable to PM admin, hence, my question here)

Comment

Thanks lizzard, I'm not a defeatist, but know my limitations and capability, suffering with MH issues doesn't help

Off topic, any admin viewing this thread, I've made a donation to the site, but the donated banner's not showing under my name, also, how many posts does a new member have to have before I can PM? (I'm unable to PM admin, hence, my question here)
              Thanks for the donation.
              the banner will appear when it's been adjusted in the settings.

And as a new member you need 50 posts - but as you've donated, you'll be able to pm once the settings are changed.
              https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

Apologies there with the previous post, was not my intention to suggest you to do something your not comfortable with

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman205 View Post
                  Apologies there with the previous post, was not my intention to suggest you to do something your not comfortable with
                  No need to apologise iceman, I never took your post offensive, your post was made with the best intention

Comment

My advice would be get a Red 3mm domed led with bezel.
                    fit it on the outside of the tweeter housing so it's readily visible day and night when it illuminates.

There are members who fitted blue ones inside the tweeter grille, which I personally think this masks the led when it glows.

It needs to be seen easily from the drivers position both day and night.
                    I've already posted day time pictures do you can see it easily.
                    Here are a couple of night pics....regen started on way to work tonight and I let it finish in the car park.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210321_202944970.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.5 KB ID:	291635
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210321_202938534.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.7 KB ID:	291634
                    Last edited by RBH; 22-03-2021, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Following on from this thread, which I think maybe beneficial for my car

https://insignia-drivers.uk/forum/co...ge4#post291264

I'm clueless when it comes to car mechanics, trust me, even if I attempted it, I'd do more harm than good, I don't mean to be cheeky, I'm just wondering if there's anyone in the Birmingham area willing to fit a Regen LED for me, I'd be willing to pay.
                      Im in Birmingham, once we're out of this lockdown I'll help you to do it.
                      Im always a bit mindful when I work on someone elses car as one of the clips broke on my wiring plug when I did mine but it still goes in fine and works. Im heavy handed....

Comment

Originally posted by Vx-Man-G View Post

Im in Birmingham, once we're out of this lockdown I'll help you to do it.
                        Im always a bit mindful when I work on someone elses car as one of the clips broke on my wiring plug when I did mine but it still goes in fine and works. Im heavy handed....
                        Nice one G
                        that's the good thing about this forum.....members are always prepared to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Vx-Man-G View Post
                          Im in Birmingham, once we're out of this lockdown I'll help you to do it
                          Thanks Vx-Man previous cars, I wouldn't have bothered to much about, I'm really impressed with this car and want to get the best out of it,

The help and advice this site offers, I know I've come to the best site

Comment

I fitted mine on the outside of the grille lik RBH but thought it to bright at night(it’s a pink one!!) so when I changed my door over its now on the inside of the grille and looks cleaner. That’s just my opinion
                            Irmscher grill, hecko wind deflectors, tduk pedal box, Vauxhall logo puddle lights.

Xbox CrazyLilian
                            Instagram @timmy_tourer
                            www.rbhcirclejerk.com

Comment

Pick up my Insignia on in the next few days, i'll be doing this mod, sounds really handy.

Comment

Working...
                              X