No announcement yet.

TPMS retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah,, I had an astra with the z19dth. Loved that car. Gearbox failed and cost me 2k for a rebuild, but it went on to do another 100k. Was on 249k when I scrapped it and the engine was still strong.

Comment

Comment

Nice and coked up there. Might have to clean the egr looking at that!

Comment

With diesels I always clean the MAF .MAP .EGR and throttle body as part of regular maintenance carbon is a known killer of the sensors on them .
          The DTH AND DTR we use to strip the inlet manifold down to clean the carbon out .

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
            With diesels I always clean the MAF .MAP .EGR and throttle body as part of regular maintenance carbon is a known killer of the sensors on them .
            The DTH AND DTR we use to strip the inlet manifold down to clean the carbon out .

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
            It does need the manifold cleaning as its rammed but thats not a job for today. Going to order a new MAP sensor for it. Egr valve is not that bad, just I light coating.
            egr tube is rammed at the manifold end.

Life of a diesel owner

Have you still got that vector gsi? I had a v6 artic that was a lot of fun.

Comment

Yes I still have vectra B GSI
              IM now keeping it in secure storage it comes out and I give a good work out.
              I brought it from a chap in Crawley about 6 years ago for 800 , got it home and looked through the service history and found out the previous owner lived 2 roads away , i suddenly realised that I use to see the car driven by an old chap with 2 large dogs in the back , there were loads of invoices for rear seatbelts being replaced , as the dogs use to chew them.
              its the best car for a bit of fun.
              values of these are going up , its original never been modified. Which is very hard to find .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                Yes I still have vectra B GSI
                IM now keeping it in secure storage it comes out and I give a good work out.
                I brought it from a chap in Crawley about 6 years ago for 800 , got it home and looked through the service history and found out the previous owner lived 2 roads away , i suddenly realised that I use to see the car driven by an old chap with 2 large dogs in the back , there were loads of invoices for rear seatbelts being replaced , as the dogs use to chew them.
                its the best car for a bit of fun.
                values of these are going up , its original never been modified. Which is very hard to find .
                Wow 800 quid , thats a bargain compared to what its going to be worth now, And in original spec as well. Dont blame you for locking it away.

What engine was in the GSI?

I realy did like my vectra, I'm not sure why Clarkson hated on them so much.

I used to know a guy that had the last astra Sri, I think it was on a j plate but I'm not quite sure now. (At least thats what the last one left data was saying at the time) It was a million miles from being standard though.

Comment

Working...
                X