Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPMS retrofit

Hi All
    I`m looking at retrofitting TPMS to my 2014 Insignia, I am looking for a person or company that can do the VCI programing to the BCM and IPAC. I was wondering if any of you was in the know of a company in the West Midlands area ?.

I'd leave it,they're more trouble than they're worth
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

@exclusiv , I know what you are saying but I do a fair amount of motorway driving and just hate not having the system there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Demon View Post
        @exclusiv , I know what you are saying but I do a fair amount of motorway driving and just hate not having the system there.
        Likewise I would avoid the vauxhall system and buy one of those that screw onto the stem and link to your phone.

Wayyy more trouble that there worth. Had mine randomly disconnect for a good couple of miles. Dash sends up a warning due to not picking up the tyre then after a few miles it flicks back on like nothing ever happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post

Likewise I would avoid the vauxhall system and buy one of those that screw onto the stem and link to your phone.

Wayyy more trouble that there worth. Had mine randomly disconnect for a good couple of miles. Dash sends up a warning due to not picking up the tyre then after a few miles it flicks back on like nothing ever happened.
          Did it come up as a pressure warning or as a TPMS fault/disconnect? Just out of interest.

I have seen reports of the valve stem type getting stuck onto the valve stem but regular attention would prevent that situation.

I have also seen the aftermarket type that fit into the tyre like the oem sensors do so that might be an option.

It seems to be a pain to find anyone that can program the VCI codes/downloads.
          There was is a guy in Wolverhampton but I have not been able to contact him even via his own forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Demon View Post

Did it come up as a pressure warning or as a TPMS fault/disconnect? Just out of interest.

I have seen reports of the valve stem type getting stuck onto the valve stem but regular attention would prevent that situation.

I have also seen the aftermarket type that fit into the tyre like the oem sensors do so that might be an option.

It seems to be a pain to find anyone that can program the VCI codes/downloads.
            There was is a guy in Wolverhampton but I have not been able to contact him even via his own forum.

Came up with a tyre pressure warning.

The other issue is that a removable one would bypass the mot requirement where if retrofitted I can only presume the tester will see it as part of the car and require it to work.

Comment

Have you retro fitted the control module and wiring for the system ?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post

Came up with a tyre pressure warning.

The other issue is that a removable one would bypass the mot requirement where if retrofitted I can only presume the tester will see it as part of the car and require it to work.
                Bad that you got a pressure warning over a disconnect unless it was just some random signal that jumbled the transmission data from the sensor after the sensor ident was sent, it is unlikely but technically it could still happen. 433-434mhz is a busy part of the radio spectrum but the car should have just waited for the next transmission if the data was garbage rather that send you a message on the dash.

Yeah TPMS fault on the dash is a mot fail now.

I will take the advice offered here and have a look around at other options first.

I just need somthing in place, I picked up a nail in my astra the other day (a nail in the tyre, not the astra its self) and due to that not having tpms either I had to stop on the M5 hard shoulder , had it have had TPMS I could have exited the junction I had just passed before it went totally flat and it might not have destroyed the tyre.

But I need to sort the Insignia first as thats my main car.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                  Have you retro fitted the control module and wiring for the system ?

Sorry, I did not see your message.

I have not purchased the module yet as I have only just got the car and the other work i needed to do took priority.
                  Cambelt
                  New pads and disks all round as it was like trying to stop an oil tanker.

Dreaded oil seal as it would show low pressure at cold start.

My nephew also has a VX line with the same wheels as mine and the valve stems look identical but his has TPMS.

So I need to check that the module is not there first before buying one.
                  I'm kinda hoping that a previous owner had it disactivated due to the cost of the sensors at the time.
                  I'm going to look behind the bumper today so I will know more later.

Comment

If the car was manufactured after 2014 the system has to be active and is an MOT failure if it's been disabled .

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

If the car was manufactured after 2014 the system has to be active and is an MOT failure if it's been disabled .

The car was registered in December 2013 so its a 13 plate. The car is a 14my in the build data that's why I put it down as a 14 plate or people would be asking if it was a face-lift when offering advise.

I think the TPMS reg was for cars after nov 2014 or there abouts.

Comment

I do have to say the you guys are all very friendly and helpfull. Most forums I use for other stuff are full of a$$hats, but then we are all lads from the UK.

Comment

I'm a lady boy from Bangalore !
                          But I'm always willing to help .
                          Because we are serious .
                          You will find we are the friendliest forum and we have one thing in common
                          That's to help each other .
                          If you can excuse my stupidity it's just the way I am !

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I'm a lady boy from Bangalore !
                            But I'm always willing to help .
                            Because we are serious .
                            You will find we are the friendliest forum and we have one thing in common
                            That's to help each other .
                            If you can excuse my stupidity it's just the way I am !

You did not come across as stupid, I put the car down as 2014 so what you said was correct.
                            I will report back once I know more but it looks like I left my borescope at work and there is no way I'm removing the bumper just to check for a module. Might have to put it off till next weekend.
                            I have also been getting some juddering at low revs so I need to rip off the map sensor. Not at all as easy to do as the 1.9 cdti was.

Comment

I was a wizz with the 1.9 tid
                              Saab style
                              Z19 DT
                              Z19 DTH
                              Z19 DTH
                              D223L
                              Cut my diesel teeth on them
                              And the Volvo/vag straight 6

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA