Clay bar virgin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay bar virgin

I use Autoglym soft bar with their Quick Detailer. If you buy the pack it works out a little cheaper. You could go the whole hog and give it a deep clean with a good Citrus Wash followed by some tardis. Then a normal wash. Then your clay then wash again. Dry and top with your desired wax/sealant. Polish before if required.

Just make sure you use enough lubrication as you'll marr the paint if you don't and fold the bar in the way after using!

Good luck. The difference after claying is tremendous.

I always use the Autoglym Clay bar, works a treat. My car is due to be done next month so it will get a full protection detail for the summer & then I'll do it again in September for the winter

Comment

The G3 mitts at Halfords are brilliant, i used muc off shampoo (?1.99 for 500ml) from screwfix as the lube. clay bar is dead
      I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

Hi,

i see this at Elitecarcare.

It?s a Clay Sponge, have anyone work with this?

http://www.elitecarc...ay-pad-fine.php

Comment

Just for you sparky

Comment

sparky the cat, on 15 March 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:
            Went to local halfords ....plenty of g3 products, but no clay mitts.??Guy aslkef what I was looking for.... a clay mitt....a Clay mitt?...yes a clay mitt...its a mitt? He asked.....suddenly had garlic bread ...what bread.... garlic?...??going through my mind. ?? I left before I started laughing
            The halfords staff didnt know they had them when i asked, they were hung up on the edge of an aisle.

Bit scarey to use at first but cuts claying time by over half.
            I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

Why didnt you guys buy the one from Halfords, its a lot bigger

Comment

I would say as often as it feels like it needs it. If when running your finger over the paint work it doesn't feel very smooth then it would benefit from being done.

Comment

robg, on 26 March 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:
                  Bought this, less than 24 hours delivery

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item51b8b97ed0

Will let you know how it fairs
                  I`ve got a bar at home and i prefer it to the more expensive Bilt Hamber.

Comment

I can seriously recommend the G3 mitt

Comment

My arm can feel it but it's not too bad. So is there a wax that's as easy as the clay mitt? I used the demon shine spray on stuff due to time yesterday but I know there are better products out there

Comment

seems to good to be true but still seriously tempted..............

Comment

SigSigSiggy, on 29 March 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:
                          Kervaig, you will NOT be disappointed, It's soooo easy to use and,...... NO sore arms

Best ?12.99 I ever spent

Tried 2 branches of Halfords today website showing both as having in stock, guess what - neither could find it on their shelves

Comment

Was in Halfords in Hamilton today and they only had the large mitts in stock. Bought some Demon Shine Snow Foam with the attachment that you screw into the top. Will report back when I have tried it out!

Comment

They were hung on an end in mine. The snow foam is a bit crap Scotty to be honest

Comment

Working...
                              X