No announcement yet.

Best way to remove a light paint scuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to remove a light paint scuff?

I'd agree with dave,get it done by a pro,

T cut and a bit of polish will cover the mark,but it won't get rid of it!
    sigpic

Try clay bar maybe. But defo needs a DA Polisher

IN MEMORY OF NIGHTSCREAM THE 1.6 TURBO SRI NAV
    Now driving - Mazda 6 Tourer SE-L Lux Nav+ 2.0 143 Skyactiv-G

Comment

DONT USE TCUT! Tcut is very aggressive. Meguiars ulimate compound is your best bet. Can be used by hand with decent results.

Comment

As above, plenty of megs ultimate compound and elbow grease.

I've also used wet and dry and megs, then ag super resin on scratches in the lacquer on mine when I first got it. There's a thread on here somewhere with pics.

Must admit the wet and dry route is scary, but does work if done carefully.

Comment

Defo not t-cut. Work of the devil. Don't do just the scratch so the whole bonnet. Any decent paint renovator should take most out by hand with an applicator pad but again do the full panel. Cover it up with Poorboys black hole till you can get it machined.

Looks like someone's tried to rub off a bird poo the wrong way!

Comment

I had some guys wash my alloys with a green scouring at a car wash. You would think they would know better. Scuffed the clear coat. Spent ages polishing it back to normal by hand as the da polisher would be impossible to use on the spokes

Comment

andy-g, on 10 May 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

What with, a Brillo pad ?

Haha. If you try and clean off a bird poo by rubbing it even with a wet sponge or the like it will scratch the hell out the paint. Try it next time you wash your car. I know that will be next year at some point buddy!!!

Comment

If you can feel the damage with your fingernail it will need to be done by a pro.
                I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

Working...
                X